IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking Charge

Options
I received a PCN from Excel Parking as they said I parked without paying, however I did pay and display my ticket but I stupidly put in the registration number of my other car (Which I Still Own), I appealed the PCN but was dismissed, I then had the option to take the matter further to Independant Appeals Services[FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot] which I did, I got a copy of the parking meter records which clearly showed my paid ticket but for my other car, I also sent ownership papers for both of my cars, thinking that they would cancel the PCN as I did purchase and display the ticket but just used the wrong registration number. I received an email today saying my appeal was dismissed. Im really upset that I made a stupid mistake but I DID PAY! Is there anything else I can do or do I just conceide and pay the fine?:([/FONT]

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 June 2017 at 9:38AM
    Options
    Glitzy73 wrote: »
    I received a PCN from Excel Parking as they said I parked without paying, however I did pay and display my ticket but I stupidly put in the registration number of my other car (Which I Still Own), I appealed the PCN but was dismissed, I then had the option to take the matter further to Independant Appeals Services[FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot] which I did, I got a copy of the parking meter records which clearly showed my paid ticket but for my other car, I also sent ownership papers for both of my cars, thinking that they would cancel the PCN as I did purchase and display the ticket but just used the wrong registration number. I received an email today saying my appeal was dismissed. Im really upset that I made a stupid mistake but I DID PAY! Is there anything else I can do or do I just conceide and pay the fine?:([/FONT]

Shame you did not come here first as you will have learned
    that the IAS is one of the UK's biggest scams which is run by
    Gladstones Solicitors.

Next step is to wait. You might get a gloating letter from EXCEL
    and there is no point is responding despite what they say.
    Then silly debt collectors send letters and these are involved
    in the scam.

You completely ignore everything now despite the rubbish they spout.

If Excel want to take it further they employ a very incompetent
    solicitor called BWLegal

Search this forum for Excel and BWLegal and do the same
    on the parking pranksters site
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/

You will quickly see what a pathetic bunch Excel and BWLegal are

So wait, any stupid threats from BWLegal come back here.
    As said, BWLegal are highly incompetent but I am sure you are not

One member on here called Lamilad will reply to you soon, Lamilad is
    considered a very dangerous person by BWLegal as he eats them up
    and spits them out in court

DO NOT PAY THESE SCAMMERS OR CONVERSE WITH THEM
  • Glitzy73
    Glitzy73 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply beamerguy, I genuinely though that if I showed them the evidence that they would be compasionate and cancel the PCN, but I feel that they have not taken anything I have shown them into consideration and just dismissed my case. I also wished I had come here 1st.
  • beamerguy
    edited 8 June 2017 at 9:58AM
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply beamerguy, I genuinely though that if I showed them the evidence that they would be compasionate and cancel the PCN, but I feel that they have not taken anything I have shown them into consideration and just dismissed my case. I also wished I had come here 1st.

These scammers (allowed by government) are only interested
    in scamming you for money and simply not interested in being
    compassionate. They are the low life of the UK.

You will get all the help you need on this forum, so chill out.
    If you receive anything from BWLegal or indeed any other legal, come back here.
    If you get real court papers also come back here

In the meantime get on with your life.

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY RUBBISH SCAM LETTERS
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

You are missing the real point, private parking companies have found an easy way of making money full stop.

They have no compassion, they do not take anything in to consideration that will stop them making more money.

These are scammers in an unregulated industry they fight dirty, this is not a fine it's an invoice that they want you to pay and they will do whatever they can to trick you into paying it.

It's just a waiting game now to see what they try next, no one on here is going to tell you to pay it, and there is help to tell you what to do next.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    they would be compasionate and cancel
    Compassion and cancellation = no income = no profits = no private education = no gymkhana ponies for dear daughters = no luxury yacht for Excel's owner, Simon Renshaw-Smith.

How could you possibly expect compassion?

Do you like his grin?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/27/article-0-0085E7CB000004B0-99_1024x615_large.jpg

You have been exposed to one of the biggest rackets destroying this country.

Don't pay, but fight this with our help.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Glitzy73
    Options
    Why has this come up:-
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Why has this come up:-
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

It means what it says.

You did not ignore hence you went to the IAS scam

So you did the right thing

NOW you are in ignore mode and let's see what card they play.

We have many cards that this forum will show you how to
    shoot back.
  • Glitzy73
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice, as much as I am now panicking I will sit and wait to see what they do next, just worried as from £60.00 its now £100.00, I will keep you all updated
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice, as much as I am now panicking I will sit and wait to see what they do next, just worried as from £60.00 its now £100.00, I will keep you all updated

If you follow the advice on here it should be £0, the "discount" is actually a bribe to make you throw in the towel and pay up without a fuss.
    I told you they are devious!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

So what? The sum can't escalate to silly amounts, despite what BW Legal will write and tell you (please read other threads about BW Legal in readiness, rather than doing nothing then rushing back about every letter as if it's something new).

This will be resolved at small claims. I can't recall an Excel one lost here. Read a few dozen BW Legal threads!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure