Dear Diary

Options

Comments

• CoffeeCakeYarn
    CoffeeCakeYarn Posts: 299 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2018 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Morning lovely! Great motivation, as always reading your stuff is an inspiration.

Good ish news on DH, at least he is half on board ish, and not just spending away without a care. Sometimes it's just easier to do it all yourself, not ideal but at least you know it's done. Can you start hiding away a little bit for him for when he decides he needs a splurge and wants to rebel against the budget? Not saying that he will but it happened to me with a hole, luckily I'd got £100 hidden that I just gave him and said go forth, spend on guff, enjoy. That kept him happy with the budgets for a bit longer.

I'm in the pension question atm too, my contributions are currently only £20 a month, but will be going up from march to £60. That's money I really could do with now, I think I'm going to pause them for a moment, it's not going to make the difference between a pension of luxury and a pension of poverty right now for me (and no dependants for me....).

Happy Friday x
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey Coffee, yes i would pause the retirement contribution until you clear the debt off and then you can put more into it, good idea about the DH fund, will look at that when i get my extra money from extra hours this month

you wont believe this but my Aldi shop came in at £79.82 ! so 8 p within budget , how freaky is that ! lol
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    out of my £80 extra i have bought some b'day presents as i have 1 end of this month and 4 in Feb! i still have £30 extra left and will budget for others when i get paid feels good not to be putting it on CC which i would normally do

listening to dave ramsey again , feeling inspired

DH is not spending on food out this weekend so that is great , have a good sat all
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • DebtFreeFrog
    Options
    Hey Meena.

Just catching up on your diary.

You're doing so well! Keep going!
    07/11/17 £8199.31 Debt :eek:
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you Debtfreefrog, it gives me a boost when people stop by with words of encouragement,

i still have £34 extra this month i am going to do my best not to spend now until pay day , except train fare which i have budgeted for ,I am now going to pay £100 off my AA so i dont get tempted to spend it , it is in the budget so i should be ok , i just need to see that go down further to keep me motivated

it is making me realise just how much of my money goes on paying off debts , when i am debt free i am going to feel rich !
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Hey lovely! I know what you mean about how much money is going out on debts. I can't wait until I can use that money for savings and good stuff, my total outgoings on debt each month is running at between £500-£700 per month. It's crackers! I'm not even dreaming about what I will do with it yet, I don't want to get overexcited :D
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • DebtFreeFrog
    Options
    Yes I know how you feel Meena. I'm counting down the months until my money is my own :D
    07/11/17 £8199.31 Debt :eek:
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    thank you both for your encouragement I really appreciate it xx

well today my child benefit has been paid in , for some reason i thought it would land in my account after payday as it seemed to have been around that time usually but since the Christmas pay out it got me a little confused , so its a bonus of £137 I hadn't budgeted for before this payday , if that makes sense, so i have paid off another £37 on the AA account, i had a statement and as the interest free runs out now there is £7 interest gone on , so that after my payment it is now down to £275 ! I've transferred £50 the Child benefit to my savings pot and kept the other £50 in my current account, just in case.

I also received notification from B Account that my £250 switch fee will be in my account within 7 working days , so i am now tempted to use all of it towards the AA debt , that way with my next salary payment I can clear the AA and Sainsburys cards! what do others think of that plan?

have a great Saturday all, it's going to be a NSW for me

my aldi shop yesterday came to £83.49 so a little over budget
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    we have snow here! won;t be going anywhere today , plan on making a cake from stuff i have in the cupboards

i have decided to use the £250 from the switch to pay off the AA card, i need to keep the momentum and the motivation going rather than use it at this point for something nice which i will only regret buying next month!

i have budgeted for 2 more birthdays in the next pay cheque so i will be ok there , going to look for some more stuff for ebay
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    so the £250 is in my bank account, this is where i have to be strong and pay it to the AA CC and not use it for treats etc so tempting but i just HAVE to do this! I am going to hold on to it until payday then transfer it , or may be before ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure