IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN issued by JD parking consultants ltd. Leeds. Please help!

Options
Hi all,
I've read multiple threads on here Ankit PCN's and in particular tried to find ones specific to my case but I'm absolutely clueless and I fear stupid when it comes to these things.
I'm trying to be as incognito as I can re details so please let me know if I gave missed any vital information from the thread.

I'm a student training at a local hospital, and I was issued a PCN by said company on private land that is at the back of a large terraced house (now individual flats). I've been parking in this parking area ( fits two cars - like someone's back garden but just abandoned uneven and a mess) for the last year and a half as my coursemate used to live there (and I'm a poor student) and have never had anything up to this point. The same old sign has been there on the fence and the area is poorly sign posted (will try get photos).
My parent is the owner of the vehicle and myself the driver but I am trying to seek advice on what to do please.
I hate these robbing jbjhhbbh and the area is poorly sign posted and I accept it was partially opportunistic of myself but as a self finding student trying to find through uni and a degree I took the risk.
I am unable to try and find the photographic evidence they have so called taken as they have not provided details on the receipt and after reading the other threads as this is a BPA Registered company, do people recommend I wait the 26 days and then send the blue template ? Then wait for the POPLA application bit? I read a thread by TommyA something about a fine at the Faversham Leeds and the area I am on about is very close to there.

Apologies if I seem stupid but I'm not the best.
Thank you in advance all x

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly, this is not a fine. It is an invoice form a disreputable company for compensation for the her they suffered when you parked where you did. Pay the not one penny unless a judge so orders.

Secondly, read the syickies.

Thirdly, complain to your MP as nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Fourthly, send them an SAR.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-make-a-subject-access-request

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Pbsn
    Pbsn Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your reply The Deep, really appreciate any help.
    Just a few questions sorry :( , what do you mean by read the syickies?
    Will definitely complain and write to the local MP, great idea thank you.

When I request the SAR should I do that at the same time as using the blue template on day 26 or before,as I don't want to give my details as stated in other threads and I'm not sure which way round to do this or what address/ info to give to get the information sent to me.

Thank you in advance..
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooops, I assume the Deep meant read the NEWBIE sticky , first page of forum, third thread down. Just read post # 1 of that thread for now. This will give you help you need.
  • Pbsn
    Options
    Hi le_kirk, I have read that post but I don't know if I'm over complicating it for myself. What I gathered from the thread was to wait till day 26, send the blue template as an online appeal, and wait for the nkt? Then if that hasn't Come by day 56 I think I can add that to my POPLA appeal?
    Sorry this probably seems so simple to many but I just can't get my head around it all :/
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You seem to have grasped it well.
  • Pbsn
    Options
    So hopefully this will work, I can't even see the photographic evidence as they haven't provided me the ability to access it.
    I just don't want to miss anything in the process, genuinely amazed at the knowledge and effort people go to on these threads to help others!
    I'm handwriting a letter to the local MP today aswell.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Doesn't work first time but if this lot are in the BPA AOS then you will get POPLA stage where more appeal arguments can be made.

First stage is all about just getting a POPLA code without saying who was driving.

If this was a windscreen PCN, then do wait till day 26 as long as an online appeal is on offer, so that you get almost half way to day 56 already! I would be surprised if this lot remember to send a NTK as well as a rejection letter.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pbsn
    Options
    Hi all, So it's day 26 and I'm doing my appeal online but it wont go through because I done have "our reference number?? I've underlined below to show;

PCN DATE:
    PCN/TICKET NUMBER:
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION MARK (VRM):
    VEHICLE MAKE/MODEL:
    Our reference number:
    NAME:
    ADDRESS:

Can anybody help me on this please? I'm doing it via this website I was directed to...parkingcsl.co.uk/appeals/form.php

Thanks in advance
  • Pbsn
    Options
    Found it, I had to insert my details as if I was paying. Thanks anyway all. Will keep everyone posted
  • pbsnpara
    Options
    Hi all, I have received reponses from the appeals (I got two of these tickets in the space of a month both with different reasons for the ticket), they've responded to one in 54 days and another in 34 days.

Here is the email I received, which was identical pretty much for both appeals barring specific info.

I've read on the Newbies thread and I spotted this to??

A rejection letter with POPLA code is not a 'NTK'. You must include 'no keeper liability' at POPLA stage if you do NOT receive a NTK at all in that time, and you will win.

Here is the email anyway..

POPLA Verification Code:

PCN Number:

Thank you for your appeal regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
    I have carefully reviewed the case and considered the points that you raised in conjunction with the facts and evidence available to me. On this occasion, your appeal has been rejected as I am satisfied that this PCN was issued correctly. I have explained the reasoning behind this decision in more detail below.
    My findings
    LOCATION and is subject to a parking management scheme put in place by the operator at the landowner’s request. There are specific terms and conditions in place as part of this scheme, which are displayed on the signs in place at the site. These signs have been installed in clear and prominent positions.
    At this location, parking is only permitted for valid permit holders with their permit on display.
    On DATE, the vehicle was parked without a valid permit on display. This was a breach of the terms and conditions and the PCN was correctly and legitimately issued as a result.
    The signage can be seen in the photographic evidence taken by the warden, which I have attached to this email.
    I must also stress that simply sending in standard template responses, most likely obtained from the internet, will not resolve the matter. In addition, I would recommend that professional legal advice be sought on this matter as an alternative.
    Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the motorist to ensure that they seek out, read and comply with the terms and conditions of parking that are in place. By parking on site in breach of these terms and conditions, it has been agreed that the charge detailed on the signs will be paid.
    I appreciate that this may not be the desired outcome, however, you have now reached the end of our internal appeal process. The three options available are listed below:
    Your options
    1) Pay the PCN at the reduced amount of £60.00 within 14 days from the date of this email. After this time, the opportunity to pay at the reduced amount will no longer be available. The amount outstanding will rise to the full amount of £100.00 and will need to be paid within 14 days. Payment can be made online or by phone. Go to (had to remove parking csl link ) pay or phone 0208 528 4122. You can find full details of how to pay on the PCN issued to the vehicle and/or on the letter(s) sent, if applicable.
    2) Make an appeal to POPLA (the Independent Appeals Service) online at POPLA WEB LINK using the verification code provided above. The only grounds for making an appeal are stated on the website and the appeal must be received by POPLA within 28 days from the date of this response. If you are unable to submit your appeal online, we can provide you with a form to submit your appeal by post.
    If you appeal to POPLA, we will suspend recovery activity on the PCN. The charge will not increase further until the appeal outcome has been determined. Please note that if you opt to appeal to POPLA and the appeal is unsuccessful you will only be able to settle the PCN at the full amount. The opportunity to pay at the reduced amount will no longer be available.
    If you choose to pay the PCN you will not be able to appeal to POPLA.
    3) If you do not make payment or submit an appeal to POPLA within the relevant timeframe, the outstanding PCN may be passed to an appointed debt collection agency for further action. All costs associated with this process will be added to the full PCN amount.
    More Information
    By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (THEY PUT THE LINK HERE) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such, should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.
    Kind Regards

Please can anyone advise on what to do next?

Thanks all in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport