Citymain Admin claims? (Vodafone / Mobile Phones Direct

Options
Hi,

Anyone made a claim against these guys for 'misselling' insurance? I've recently remembered I had a phone through mobile phones direct and it kept getting added to my account without me wanting it or knowing about it. I never take extended warranties etc. I had it for seven years in total and I know I specifically asked for it not to be on there on at least one occasion but then I found out it was added to my account.

I saw in old posts about getting three free months so that's how you can miss it on statements.

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did you cancel the direct debit at all? Did you write and complain in seven years?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • scrub
    scrub Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I managed to get it cancelled but they were awful to deal with and it was before all the general PPI misselling came to light so didn't complain as it was my word against theirs.

It's only since the PPI scandal that it's obvious they were doing this to others too. You only have to google them to see the amount of complaints.

I've only just remembered this so want to see if I can get something back.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Phone insurance is not PPI.
    However, there's nothing stopping you writing and complaining now but don't hold out any hope and you won't be disappointed.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • scrub
    scrub Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know it's not PPI but it all falls under the misselling of insurance that was rife at the time. I wasn't even sold this insurance. It was added without my knowledge so I thought it's worth a try and if it flags up this business to the Financial Ombudsman, all the better.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you cancelled it they could potentially time bar the complaint under the 3 year rule without any access to the FOS

It's highly unlikely post 2005 when all sales were regulated, that you were somehow sold it without your knowledge or agreement, indeed, such a step is illogical as you would notice an extra direct debit going out every month to the insurance provider and you'd complain straight away. To not notice for 7 years really presents a weak argument
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure