I want to believe I can do this!

Options

Comments

• pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did a boot fair with a friend this morning and I made £20. Better than nothing!

I have £40 in my PayPal account.

My goals before the end of next weekend:

1) Apply for online teaching work to do at the weekends.

2) List 5 things on eBay.

3) List 3 things on Facebook marketplace.

4) Clear out camping cupboard and sell some contents.

5) Transfer £1200 of debt from Barclaycard to 0% balance card. Use whatever money I earn from selling to pay off the remaining £400 of Barclaycard debt.

Will try and think positively, and look to the future.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04
    Options
    In 7 days time, my loan balance will be £5,689 and I will be able to tick off another month in my debt countdown notebook!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Try topcashback theres preloved on there and sites like I think music magpie and ziffit. Ziffit is a good one for clearing out dvd's and cds and books.

If you go via topcashback you will get money purely for doing the listing.
  • pidge04
    Options
    Wow, my credit score has actually gone down this month. How dispiriting!
    I assume that is because I applied and was accepted for the credit card to do the 0% balance transfer.
    Onward and and upwards. I know that my debt is steadily decreasing.
    Today is a day for life admin so I will be back to update my diary etc and check my weekly goals.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you have recently taken on new credit that will affect the score. The score doesn't matter though and you will be saving interest and once the balance transfer has gone through and Barclaycard 0 you will be able to close it and have one less debt. At present your history will show that plus the the new credit card.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pidge04
    Options
    I have not achieved all the goals I set last week.

1) Apply for online teaching work to do at the weekends. Have not achieved this[/COLOR]

2) List 5 things on eBay. I have got 5 things listed.

3) List 3 things on Facebook marketplace. Not achieved.

4) Clear out camping cupboard and sell some contents. Not achieved.

5) Transfer £1200 of debt from Barclaycard to 0% balance card. Use whatever money I earn from selling to pay off the remaining £400 of Barclaycard debt. Not achieved - I cut up my Barclaycard at the beginning of the year so could not transfer the balance today. Have ordered a replacement.
  • pidge04
    Options
    So not very productive with my goals but it has been a positive week in a way.

I had a meeting about my summer work so that is starting to feel real. I will be paid weekly starting from the first week in August. All of the money I earn will go towards my credit card debt. I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity.

I can really see a time in the near future when my Barclaycard debt will be paid off and the account will be closed so that is ever so motivating.

Today I thought to myself I could just apply for a loan for the other credit card debt when it goes below £2000 in a couple of months and then I thought NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. I cannot imagine having another loan hanging around for 2 years when I could really work hard to bust it in maybe 9 months. Going to seriously tackle that debt when the Barclaycard has gone in the Autumn. It will be a good moment when I can get that debt to £1999! That will be in October unless I can start to pay more than £100 a month.

I wonder why I have not been successful with my goals this week. I am really struggling with managing my time well at the moment although I have made some progress with decluttering. Maybe I should set myself fewer goals.

I have found loads of free activities for the summer holiday. I am thinking of doing a no-spend summer holiday challenge!
  • pidge04
    Options
    Wow. My mood takes quite a dip in this pre-pay day slump period! I have found this week quite difficult but payday is 2 days away and I can start to think of how my debt will reduce by £427 with the arrival of payday. It is a quiet weekend ahead so hopefully I will have the headspace to do some of the things on my list. Have a lovely weekend.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey pidge you are doing great. I have been waiting for payday for at least 2 weeks so know what you mean about slump!! Getting paid on Monday which is always my worst weekend scenario. Still I'm going to get organised for it all today at least.

Love the idea of a zero cost holiday challenge!.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure