Wix - would you recommend them for easy website building?

Options
I am looking to build a website for a relative who owns a small business. They don't need to make sales online or anything like that - just a site to give information whilst looking good / professional and add credibility to the company.

I have used Wix myself and found it to be superb for non-techies due to the templates and user friendliness but I have a couple of questions and their customer services are closed. I also want opinions from present and past users:

1. If we sign up to a wix account and publish a website, can we transfer to another provider if wix suddenly hike up their prices?

2. Would we be able to get email addresses (say 4) with the site and do Wix offer the best deal for such an option?

3. If I use my existing wix account to create another website for the relative, would that give me a better deal or would it cost the same as getting them to create their own account?

Thanks a lot. Any other praise or caution of this site would be much appreciated.
The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a massive dislike of websites that rely on outside sources these days.

I loaded a site earlier and it tried to link to 8 other sites. Instead of allowing access i moved onto the next website that had everything on its own domain.

Plenty of free help out there to make your own website.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• fishybusiness
    fishybusiness Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't!

Much better to own your domain, host it and setup something like a wordpress site using a template.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I used to use Wix - found it easy to design a website, but the SEO is terrible. If no one can find your website, then there's no point in it existing. I moved to Wordpress via Vidahost who are now https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I couldn't transfer my website with Wix. I had to start again from scratch.
  • Robots
    Robots Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    I can only agree with the above. Find a hosting company, stick WordPress on there, and customise away/enjoy better seo.
    Veteran gamer and clean freak :kiss:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport