Desperately seeking freedom :)

Options

Comments

• missmental123
    Options
    Feeling down & absolutely rubbish... I nearly passed out at the dentist today after having the local anaesthetic! I've had a very sensitive molar for a few months that progressively got worse & my dentist has removed the filling today to reveal a fracture through my tooth. It took forever to numb it up for her to even touch it. She is going to try & save it but the prognosis is very poor. So it looks like I may have to have it extracted on Friday. Good job I kept my Denplan payments as this treatment would have been costly and I may need a bridge in the future. I'm scared to death of having an extraction! I used to be a dental nurse so I know that they can be horrific!

On the bright side, my RBS bank accounts are cancelled tomorrow and my accounts transfer over to FD! I am in the black! Hopefully, I may have a little bit spare to put into a savings account this month towards my emergency fund.

I also have a new 0% credit card (17 months) for purchases that I plan to use for absolute emergencies only or to pay off immediately.

I have one extra night shift this month! I hate nights but I like the getting the extra cash to pay some debts off.
    Total: Debt July '17 -£23,806.33 - now
    -£16,910 (£6896 or 28.9% paid)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Ouch your tooth sounds painful, hope you get it sorted soon one way or the other. I've never heard of a tooth fracture :eek:

You're doing well on the debt front anyway.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • missmental123
    Options
    Nothing much to report as I have been at work for the past 2 days but now I'm off until Monday night!

My switch of bank accounts seems to have gone smoothly but no direct debits have left the new account yet so I'm still a bit worried about the whole process. still I have called First Direct and they assure me that it will all run smoothly!

I have paid another 1% of debt of to CC3 £172.80 this week so have adjusted my signature :)

I have been a bit reckless over past 2 days at work, buying nuts, sandwiches (only £8) from M&S food at work, generally because I'm feeling rubbish on these antibiotics and cocodamol. However, I have been recording this in my spending app. Hopefully, after today's visit to the dentist I will start to feel a bit better and get back to my organised self of taking fruit & my own lunches.

My sister is coming to the dentist appointment today :( I really do hope that I can avoid having my tooth out! I feel like such a baby.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope the dentist trip wasn't too traumatic. Personally I think root fillings are much worse than it was when I had my wisdom teeth out :eek:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • missmental123
    Options
    We had a busy weekend...managed to put a new door handle on the kitchen door that's been broken fro ages! It cost £3!

Been out for two meals but DH paid for them so I've more or less had a good weekend on the spending front.

Today, I've had 2 direct debits go out - £100 to CC2 & £286.91- to my loan. At work n nights this weekend, so no hopefully no spending.
  • missmental123
    Options
    I hope the dentist trip wasn't too traumatic. Personally I think root fillings are much worse than it was when I had my wisdom teeth out :eek:.

I used to be a dental nurse over 30 years ago so I shouldn't really be frightened!! I'm such a scaredy cat these days!
  • missmental123
    Options
    I finished my run of three night shifts this morning :j, slept till lunchtime then cleaned the house up a bit. Logged onto my FD app and discovered they have credited my £100 joining incentive! I wasn't expecting it so quickly! What a lovely surprise! but then checked my emails and Sainsbury's energy sent me another final bill after switching in August.this time for £37. I called them and they told me this is according to the meter readings they received from Engie. So then, I call Engie and there somehow has been an error with the electricity readings. So, it seems that I have overpaid Sainsbury's lots and hopefully will be due for a refund?
    I've also made inquiries about PPI from three previous mortgage providers. I doubt it will come to anything but you never know!
    Looking forward to a nice couple of days off. DS is home from uni tomorrow night for the weekend & he is an excellent chef! Lots of yummy food & cakes!
    I'm working an extra shift on Sunday for some extra cash because I'm so desperate to get my debt sub £20k :).
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Good news about the £100 joining reward :)

Good luck with the PPI claims. DH and are thinking of putting some PPI claims in but I need to read up about it first as I'm not sure how you do it.
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options

Good luck with the PPI claims. DH and are thinking of putting some PPI claims in but I need to read up about it first as I'm not sure how you do it.

There is loads of help and advice on here, I recently convinced OH to do his, he did it all through resolver as recommended on here, so far he's had just over £1000 back and is still waiting to hear the outcome of the last claim. Well worth doing, he did have the account numbers for two of them but not the others.
  • missmental123
    missmental123 Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2017 at 3:22PM
    Options

AleMrsT wrote: »
    There is loads of help and advice on here, I recently convinced OH to do his, he did it all through resolver as recommended on here, so far he's had just over £1000 back and is still waiting to hear the outcome of the last claim. Well worth doing, he did have the account numbers for two of them but not the others.

Hi, I'm still waiting to hear from the PPI claims but not holding my breath. In the past I used Martin's PPI letters as a template but this time I've used the rsvolver website for pure laziness.

I heard from Sainsbury's energy today. Good news, they took my meter readings again so hopefully I should be due a hefty refund, I'm hoping £100+.

I'm still in credit with my new FD current account. So far, it's gone without a hitch! All my direct debits seem to be happening. I'm really trying not to go overdrawn any more.

I'm still refraining from only essential spending. However, I'm treating my sister for her 50th to see Les Mis and were going by train from Derby. The cheapest train tickets were £100 return for us both. I looked at going with Sn-ap coach that is loads cheaper but they were quite limited going from Derby. I think if you're not desperate to be somewhere for an exact time then the Sn-ap coach is worth a try, ( from as little as £2). Now I need to find a nice reasonably priced restaurant in either Covent Garden or Leicester Square areas with a pre -theatre menu :beer:

I've got a few nice days before I'm back on nights on Friday. My sister & I are taking my Aunt who will be 80 out for lunch and I'm meeting a friend for a walk tomorrow. Then Monday, DH & I are going to see a band in Birmingham. :j

Only10 days until payday till I can get rid of some more debt! :T Whoo hoo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills