IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pcn small claim but no defence

Options

Comments

• SophS
    SophS Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Couponmad. I read in the step by step guide for the acknowledgment part of the MCOL not to put anything in the defence section. Not even a full stop.
    And other threads have said that due to online formatting, the defence comes out jumbled up the other side and hard for the judge to read or something like that - hence sending by post a better option?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Set it out in Word, convert to a .PDF file, then attach it to an email. Things get lost in the post.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    MCOL is not email
    We would have said it was if it were. But it isnt

You print, sign, scan to PDF and EMAIL IT AS AN ATTACHMENT, same as everyone else does
  • SophS
    Options
    Hi Nosferatu.
    I’m not sure if your comment was aimed at me or Umkomaas above but I never mentioned that MCOL was email so please take a breather and calm down.
    I said there was a section on MCOL to put in a defence - (which I’ve read on the newbies sticky not to put anything in there) so I’m not sure why you are SHOUTING at someone you don’t even know? I’m sure you wouldnt behave that way to a person face to face so I’m at a loss as to why you deem it appropriate while behind the safety of a screen?
    I came on here to seek advice and perhaps feedback on the defence I scraped together from other sources - not to be browbeaten with self righteous, evangelical posts (over the most minute detail when it’s plain for anyone to see what I actually mean) because you have more knowledge or experience on the subject than I do. I hold my hands up and admit I’m not “down” with all the terminology for all the processes and nor should I be expected know everything from the off.
    So please...have a little humility and leave the pontification at the door.
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    And other threads have said that due to online formatting, the defence comes out jumbled up the other side and hard for the judge to read or something like that
    I seem to remember this was referring to the problem sending a defence within the MCOL template submission not by sending via email.

I am sure Nosferatu1001 was not shouting even though the text was in upper case.
    I am sure he/she was just trying to highlight how to email your defence in the best format.

The regulars on here read day in and day out hundreds of posts and reply as they feel best.
    Remember this advice is free. ;)
    We are all fighting the same cause :)
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    You were told to email it in, then you mentioned post was better because MCOL messes up the formatting. It only does this if you use the (crazily small!) online form. That is why the advice is clear to *email* it to them, as a printed, signed and scanned PDF. The signed part is critical - it MUST have a signature.

I wrote 3 lines (more like 2)
    You ranted for 10
    One is more dogmatic and pompous than the other.
  • SophS
    Options
    Nosferatu (apt name btw) I was only (and politely) asking you to wind your neck in a little....but each to their own.

I’ll of course follow your advice and that of others once I’ve had the honour of someone proof reading it for errors.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Indeed, each to their own.
    Sarcasm tends to get posts ignored, btw. Just some advice.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    SophS wrote: »

I’ll of course follow your advice and that of others once I’ve had the honour of someone proof reading it for errors.
    Doubt your attitude will ever get you to the top of the pile!
  • SophS
    Options
    Wow. I’m defending myself after having someone jump down my neck with shouty caps for no apparent reason. I never even said MCOL was email. But asking someone to be a little more polite in their response isn’t tolerated? In other words attitude can only go one way but not defended against?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure