IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Nurse with £5500 parking """fines"""

Options

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I blame the french and spanish (indigo and empark) , those companies would have there offices burnt down if they tried this scam in the own countries

smart (australiaN) ,, we will just accept they are UN smart
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    This is a HUNT thing ?

The nodding dog Jeremy Hunt really should be set
    aside for a professional to take over

On the Andrew Marr programme today, Theresa May
    was stating her favourite saying "I recognise"

Cameron used to say "I get it"

Both of them ended up doing nothing ??

No wonder this country is in such a mess with so
    called leaders like this around

Theresa May pays more attention to a members bill about fox hunting
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »

The important thing to remember here is that the money generated does not go to the NHS or hospital trust where an unregulated private parking company is used. It goes to the unregulated private parking company.

And maybe some unregulated commissions and bonuses
    floating around.

"How was your holiday in Barbados last year"
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The important thing to remember here is that the money generated does not go to the NHS or hospital trust where an unregulated private parking company is used. It goes to the unregulated private parking company.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
    Contracted-out car parking

NHS organisations are responsible for the actions of private contractors who run car parks on their behalf.
    NHS organisations should act against rogue contractors in line with the relevant codes of practice6where applicable.
    Contracts should not be let on any basis that incentivises additional charges, eg ‘income from parking charge notices only’.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »

Contracts should not be let on any basis that incentivises additional charges, eg ‘income from parking charge notices only’.

ahh the cop out , the company makes its income by selling/installing signs (which they have to by law) and charge £50 per year per sign
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The question is, should employers provide staff parking? When I worked in Whitehall, parking was as rare as hens teeth.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    There are different opinions about this story on here
    But surly the 2 main points are NHS and Cowboy parking operators.

Firstly I say that, if it was one of our families in hospital do you want the nurse to say, see ya, its home time, or do you want them to give the best care possible?

And are we not here to fight the PPC?
    I’m a newbie here and to fighting cowboy PPC, in fact any cowboy.
    The NHS is a cause worth fighting for, and it starts with the PPC’s.

I also understand 80 tickets is a lot, and should have been handled better, did she talk to anyone about them? I.E Management, anyway I support her,
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    The question is, should employers provide staff parking? When I worked in Whitehall, parking was as rare as hens teeth.
    Why would you need to park a car? There is excellent provision of public transport in Central London running round the clock.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 January 2018 at 1:13PM
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    having looked at enpark , and number of DVLA enquires , I suspect that they are getting the keepers details direct from the database that they or the hospital holds , the lady had her permit on display (probably with a number on it) and cross ref would be easy by empark

the proof of the pudding would be 80 seperate requests to the DVLA for info

This is a very valid point.

Not only are the scum not allowed to use NHS databases for the keeper details, but they also MUST request a separate data request from the DVLA for every SINGLE ticket; they are simply not allowed to use the data obtained from DVLA for the previous tickets

So 80 tickets does indeed mean that there should have been 80 requests made to the DVLA.

The RK can find out exactly to whom and on what dates the DVLA has released their information. The DVLA will maybe try to charge the RK for this information, but this can be successfully resisted [there's a letter knocking about somewhere on hoew to get the data wiothout paying].
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is a very valid point.

Not only are the scum not allowed to use NHS databases for the keeper details, but they also MUST request a separate data request from the DVLA for every SINGLE ticket; they are simply not allowed to use the data obtained from DVLA for the previous tickets

So 80 tickets does indeed mean that there should have been 80 requests made to the DVLA.

The RK can find out exactly to whom and on what dates the DVLA has released their information. The DVLA will maybe try to charge the RK for this information, but this can be successfully resisted [there's a letter knocking about somewhere on hoew to get the data wiothout paying].

had this been a request for help on the forum , as oposed to a link to an article in the daily mirror , I would have given a direct link for help

however I treat the reporting in the DM to make the paper unfit for even my cat to use (cross contamination of $%^&e)

Example Letter

[Your Address]

DVLA Vehicle Record Enquiries section

Longview Road

Morriston

Swansea

SA99 1AJ

Dear Sirs

Re: VRM AB12 XYZ

As the Registered Keeper of the above VRM could you advise who has accessed my personal details with regards to this marque, how often and when did the DVLA send the keeper details out. Please advise the information with regards to events between xx/xx/xx/ and xx/xx/xx.

I understand there is no charge for this information and look forward to your speedy reply.

Yours faithfully

Mr Registered Keeper
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business