Virgin Money Credit Card APplication

Options
Anybody applied for a Virgin credit card recently? Just applied and it stated they will respond within 7 days with a decision once they have checked a few things out? Is this standard process, was expecting an instant decision???

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's standard if you've been referred.

If you had been accepted instantly, they'd have told you.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lala9 wrote: »
    Anybody applied for a Virgin credit card recently? Just applied and it stated they will respond within 7 days with a decision once they have checked a few things out? Is this standard process, was expecting an instant decision???

That happened to me and to everyone I know who applied for a Virgin Money BT card. In my case they responded next working day and accepted my application. I don't know anyone at all who had to wait longer than 3 working days.
  • WillyWonga
    Options
    I applied on Monday morning for fee free Virgin Bal tfr card and got instant decision. Usually if referred means underwriters need to look at something computer has flagged up. Should hear in a couple of days
  • BlondBoy
    BlondBoy Posts: 186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Took nearly a month for me, albeit that was a little over 2 years ago. Heard nothing at all, presumed a decline letter was on the way. When I opened the Virgin Money envelope, found a card with a surprisingly healthy limit.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I recently applied for a second card from them. I applied at a weekend, which is sometimes not recommended. I received an email saying I'd been accepted just over a week later. My first card (MT) last year took a bit longer.
  • feelymcfeel
    Options
    I applied on 9th May, they got back to me requesting further information in about 3 days, I was unable to send the information requested until 23rd, acceptance came through this morning with a very generous limit.

So, 3 weeks, including a bank holiday and 10 days of me not responding to them. Pretty good service I'd say.

Much better than M&S Bank who I also have a card with. Their process took a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure