A CCJ on my file BUT it's already been paid

Options
Hi,

I have a CCJ on my credit file dating 26 Feb 2018 from an old phone contract, however I paid the amount owed to the phone company in full on 19 Feb 2018.
I still continued to receive letters for money from Lowell as they were chasing for the remaining £170 interest that they wanted which I then paid in April 2018.
Is there anyway I can do about the CCJ seeing as I paid the full debt to the source before it even got sent to court?
I am a first time buyer looking at getting a mortgage and the CCJ isn't helping!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You need to either advise the court that you have settled the CCJ in full within 30 days (even though it was settled before), or apply for a set aside on the grounds that the debt was already settled.

The first way is cheaper, although the second is technically more correct.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If the debt was handed to Lowell to collect then it should have been paid to them
  • NH211
    Options
    I was told at the time by EE that once I had paid originally that was all sorted nothing more to do. It was then that Lowell sent me a letter a few weeks later pressing for money still and this was the remaining interest which they had added on (minus the large chunk of money I had already paid EE)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it went to debt collectors then you have to pay their bills as well, not just the original debt
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Who did you pay it to? The mobile phone company or the debt collection agency?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure