Transferring WC from ESA to UC

Options
(I'm asking for a client of mine in case anyone knows how the regulations work for their situation)

So I know that the support group WC can be transferred to UC LCWRA if the change of circumstances isn't related to an assessment.

However this couple, one is on the SG ( and getting PIP), and the other has been getting Carer's. The latter thinks he may have a job starting early to mid January which will end the claim but they will be entitled to some UC. But this isn't guaranteed.

But they have an ESA WCA this week, which naturally they won't hear back from before the job would start.

So is there still a way to transfer either the current support group status to LCWRA or the result from that assessment if it would be LCWRA or even just LCW? Or would the record just be scrapped on closure of the ESA claim and they'd have to do the whole process again with UC?

I'm trying to see if they can avoid a 2nd stressful assessment and get the work allowance and maybe the LCWRA element added quicker so that they can better prepare their finances ahead of this potential change in their lives.

Thanks

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    More straightforward than it seems. Although potential admin issues and hassle.

UC may require Doctors fit note for the one with Support(LCWRA) as that is part of the health journey. But UC will add on the LCWRA once they have have checked records of the award and what the award review period is. The claim would then continue with LCWRA and notification of assessment would be sent at the natural review date as originally decided under ESA.

In regard to the partner who is caring, they would disclose they were caring and receive the carers element. If they start working, they then advise they are working. Also if the caring is no longer 35 hours or more per week, they declare they are no longer caring. As the partner is currently not fit for work, they need to disclose current Doctors fit note to UC and advise UC via the claim journal that they are attending the WCA assessment under ESA. They only need one assessment, as ESA and UC share same assessment process. Then once the ESA arranged assessment is decided, UC will apply that decision.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Sheepski
    Options
    Yeah it all is pretty straight forward for the most part, it's just as you say that admin hurdle.

"UC and advise UC via the claim journal that they are attending the WCA assessment under ESA. They only need one assessment, as ESA and UC share same assessment process. Then once the ESA arranged assessment is decided, UC will apply that decision."

I hope they can do that lol, I just imagine them closing the ESA case, burning/shredding the assessment report and then wanting him to go to another haha.
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In the journal note, just remind them that they need to update the WCA referral on the assessment companies system, so the referral comes back to UC. Then UC gets the report back.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Sheepski
    Options
    Thanks will try that :)
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • Sheepski1
    Options
    Yeh, I didn't remember my log in details when creating the thread on my other device so it's logged in to a new/different account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure