Hotels.com - Tesco Clubcard

Options
You can now use CC vouchers at Hotels.com

But a word of warning, the number of hotels where you cannot use them is massive

https://uk.hotels.com/page/hotel-exclusions-emea/?rffrid=aff.hcom.uk.011.000.165728&awc=3617_1499674799_f734723632df1267f4bf06cd2458ebee&src=phg
Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D

Comments

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 10 July 2017 at 9:53AM
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »

But a word of warning, the number of hotels where you cannot use them is massive

https://uk.hotels.com/page/hotel-exclusions-emea/?rffrid=aff.hcom.uk.011.000.165728&awc=3617_1499674799_f734723632df1267f4bf06cd2458ebee&src=phg

Rob at 'Head for points' has drawn attention today to some of the other potential pitfalls with this latest Hotels.com Clubcard offer from Tesco.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/07/10/tesco-clubcard-hotels-com-voucher/
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    UBER looks like a cracking deal - particularly seeing how much cheaper they are than standard taxis.
    Legal team on standby
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options

I notice that Britannia hotels accept vouchers.......if they can accommodate you after they've found space for all the migrants
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    An update - From T's own website

Response from Tesco Clubcard:
    Martin · Tesco Clubcard · 12 hours ago

Thank you for posting your review. We have today updated the fine print on our website to make it clear on how to use your tokens. I can confirm there are no exclusions so I do hope you have a great stay when using your Hotel.com tokens.
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    UBER looks like a cracking deal - particularly seeing how much cheaper they are than standard taxis.
    If only we could use them in the U.S.
    Our Uber in Nottingham is useless. Almost always surge pricing because they have so few drivers, but they have stopped [STRIKE]employing[/STRIKE] taking them on. They wont last long
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    An update - From T's own website

Response from Tesco Clubcard:
    ... I can confirm there are no exclusions so I do hope you have a great stay when using your Hotel.com tokens.

I'll be avoiding the Tesco/hotels.com offer. I believe in Rob of HfP before T.

Take a look at http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/07/13/tesco-and-hotels-com-clubcard-redemptions-pants-on-fire/#comments posted today.
  • Twinkle37
    Options
    Just spent a few days worrying about this deal as it was really going to help fund our family holiday.

Took the plunge yesterday thinking I'd keep trying until I found something that worked but in the end I had no problems booking our 1st choice (a Novotel - brand has been listed on all the versions of the exception list I found).

Tesco have messed up on getting the info right in the first place and making the details clear but for me it worked like this.
    1. I hoped that the Clubcard employee Martin was correct, grabbed a screenshot to prove my point if he wasn't.
    2. Converted points to vouchers and didn't bother about the exclusion list the email mentioned - Clubcard Martin told me not too
    3. I used the link Tesco currently (13th July) has in point 4 of the deal "How it works" - it seems to be true that if you use the wrong link the vouchers aren't excepted
    4. I had to pay for taxes and charges with another payment method but the voucher amount was removed from the total and booking confirmed.

Thought I'd share in case it helped anyone else
  • Steviealexander
    Options
    What a shame this hotels.com offer looked like another decent option, will be keeping an eye on this story.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Can anyone confirm or deny the rumour that you don't get secret prices when using Clubcard vouchers? If true that makes this deal a lot less attractive.
  • pinball13
    pinball13 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think headforpoints have got this one wrong. I've just used Clubcard vouchers to book a hotel on that 'exclusion list'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure