IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking, to late to use MSE?

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you like.

Wait for a claim, and spend the time reading the NEWBIES thread, in readiness.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whilst waiting for the claim, send Britannia Parking Group Ltd, Zenith and SCS Law a SAR.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    Whilst waiting for the claim, send Britannia Parking Group Ltd, Zenith and SCS Law a SAR.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hip7559
    Hip7559 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Great, thank you. I'll get these typed up and post them out. Will keep you posted.
  • Hip7559
    Options
    Morning

I had this Claim Form come through the post from SCS LAW, on the top right is a court address with contact number and what looks to be a “The County Court” stamp, however this is just a digital stamp, doesn’t really look authentic. It Reads
    “In the County Court Business Centre
    Claim Number:
    Issue date: 24 July 2018”
    Then the address.

The Particulars of the claim
    The Claimant seeks £100 from the defendant in respect of an outstanding parking charge. On 15/11/2017 the defendant’s vehicle, registration number xxxx was parking at Chelmsford – Army and Navy 128 Parkway Chelmsford CM2 7PU (‘the site’). Parking at the site was offered subject to the claimant’s terms and conditions which were displayed on signage throughout. These terms and conditions were accepted by the Driver of the vehicle when they parked at he site (‘the agreement’). The driver breached the agreement b y failing to clearly display a valid ticket for parking at the site below:
    Date:15/11/2017
    Ticket Number xxxx
    Amount of charge: £100
    The defendant has failed to pay the aforementioned charge at the time of issue.

It says I can reply to the form by mail or online at https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2018 at 10:39AM
    Options
    You have a claim

See #2 in the newbies faq thread for advice on how to deal with this

Start by getting up to speed with AOS before you send anything to MCOL!!

(If you have used your real name as your board name then you need to get MSE to change it to something totally anonymous - the ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in it against you)
  • Hip7559
    Options
    Reading through the FAQ (which helped thanks)
    Judgment for Claimant recieved (asking me to pay £197)

I'll put together a draft for MCOL, or the PPC again following #2 (Been working away, not been able to do much)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'll put together a draft for MCOL,
    What sort of 'draft' are you thinking about? The court has found against you. It needs paying in order to avoid a default CCJ. Or you could apply for a set aside (costs you £255), but you'll need a good reason (excuse) for not dealing with the claim at the time for a Judge to even consider a set aside. If it's not granted, your £255 is forfeited and you'll still have the £197 to find.

'Working away' doesn't seem that strong a point to me.

Wait to see what others say.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hip7559
    Options
    I have the claim No. (top right)

But no Defence Pack Password,

Nothing on the bottom right, only 2 things that are separate / looking like a password is the Ref Number, and in the centre right of the page, small print 35 digits which doesn't work either.

The Judgment For Claimant letter is only one sided, 1 piece of paper.
  • Hip7559
    Options
    Its not a strong point I know, not the sort of thing you would use, just an excuse.

Im presuming then (my evidence and letters are at work) the letter i had from SCS Law previously with the claim number on would have the Password.

So i guess the only question is, i should just suck it up and pay it?
    Sending the infomation to MCOL should have been done prior.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure