Credit Score Dropped?

Options
Hi guys,

for a long time i didn't have any problems with my credit score. But recently i had to open up a new credit card for important and after that i got an email saying that my credit score dropped. Any way to fix it?

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sure the next full moon will fix it.....or make it go down further.

Ignore it.....it means very little.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Any way to fix it?

Just multiply it by two. Hey presto, job done.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi guys,

for a long time i didn't have any problems with my credit score. But recently i had to open up a new credit card for important and after that i got an email saying that my credit score dropped. Any way to fix it?

You don't have a credit score - just a credit history.

The receipt of an email suggests you may be subscribed to a CRA's services. If that is the case I would suggest that you cancel this subscription (it's effectively worthless) and save your money.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Hi guys,

For important what?
  • mikeopvc
    mikeopvc Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    For important what?

Spending??
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ignore it. I!!!8217;ve just looked at mine and bear in mind each agency has a different score. My Experian was 860 the other day now it!!!8217;s 908. I haven!!!8217;t done anything different in the last couple of months. I
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• ctlfc
    ctlfc Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Sorry to ask, but when the experts on this forum say "your credit score is irrelevant, focus on your credit history", surely the two are absolutely linked and therefore the score is indicative of your history making the credit score a fairly good way to quickly evaluate credit prospects? I understand the score is arbitrary, but one person with a good credit history might score 550 on clearscore for example, where someone with a poor history might score 300. Surely this makes it a fairly good way for someone using this service, not necessarily lenders, to assess their own credit chances?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ctlfc wrote: »
    Hello

Sorry to ask, but when the experts on this forum say "your credit score is irrelevant, focus on your credit history", surely the two are absolutely linked and therefore the score is indicative of your history making the credit score a fairly good way to quickly evaluate credit prospects? I understand the score is arbitrary, but one person with a good credit history might score 550 on clearscore for example, where someone with a poor history might score 300. Surely this makes it a fairly good way for someone using this service, not necessarily lenders, to assess their own credit chances?

Thanks

Not at all

Someone who gets declared bankrupte gets a 999 score on Experian - how does that make them Excellent in terms of credit worthiness?

Lender's don't see the scores, so it's completely safe to ignore them
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Indeed. My 'score' fell after paying my mortgage off..
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The "credit score" you get is meaningless and also in my own experience no win: I added a credit agreement and my score on Noddle dropped and my score on Clearscore increased. Also completely wrecked my ambition to get more than 2/5 on Noddle ROFL.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure