Electoral Roll

Options
I have been living in a caravan on a friends farm for a few years and they wouldn't let me use their address to register for the electoral roll.

My post goes to another friends address but due to them being on benefits I cant register there either. If I register as homeless with a local connection to a friends address, would this help my credit score as at the moment I have not registered address with them at all as not been registered for 5 years.........

Or does anyone know of a way round this at all????

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 August 2018 at 1:50PM
    Options
    Being registered on the electoral roll is always a positive as far as your credit file goes.

As for your housing situation, have you considered making an application for a rent deposit, bond or guarantee scheme? Most Local Authorities run such a scheme as a part of their 5-year homelessness strategy. Check out the following article on the Shelter England website:

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/private_renting/rent_deposit,_bond_and_guarantee_schemes

Good luck!!!

Edit: And welcome to the forum nickyd1100 :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You don't have a credit score to be affected.

You either need to be on the ER at the address you're living at or not at all
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    You either need to be on the ER at the address you're living at or not at all
    You can be no fixed abode and still register. You can even register from a park bench (in the registration form), if that is the place where you spend most of your time!! ;)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family