VoIP recommendations for new business, please!

Options
Hi all,
My business partner and I are setting up a company that will require us both to be in and out of the office independently of each other, and during potentially unsocial hours. Instead of a traditional landline, i thought a VoIP solution might be best, with just one number we could both respond to.

I understand VoIP can be answered on my mobile phone, if for some reason I'm in a poor 3/4G area, I'd like for calls to be automatically forwarded to my /actual mobile number after a preset time. Ideally I'd like the cost of this included in the package, so I have fixed cost that I can plan around.

Alternatively, I'd like some recommendations for a call answering service that takes and transcribes messages, and will email them to me.

If anyone can assist with this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

R.

Comments

• Weave
    Weave Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We currently use voipfone.co.uk and before this used soho66.co.uk. Both are very good and in my opinion are much better and cheaper than using anyone that offers a fixed monthly fee for all inclusive deals. We used an all inclusive voip service prior to this and they were a nightmare to get away from.

The customer support on both of the above is very good so worth asking them if they can support the setup and redirection the way you want them.

Neither of these guys tie you to a contract and you can port numbers in and out for a small fee if you change your mind later.
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gradwell are pretty good with lines starting at just £4 plus VAT per month inc. a local or geographic number
  • icebergx
    icebergx Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    Weave, why did you decide to leave Soho66 for Voipfone? Voipfone seems slightly more expensive, and Soho seems to have a few more features, but I was very impressed with the calls I had from both.

Gradwell's 2 year contract turned me off, but thanks for the recommendation, Rhys.
  • Weave
    Weave Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    We only left soho66 as their reporting wasn’t what I wanted. I wanted to know how many calls each extension made and received, soho66 couldn’t do this unless you upgraded to a more expensive system for larger call centre businesses.

We would have stayed otherwise as their call charges were cheaper and their call recording is a lot cheaper.

I had no concerns with their service or fees for the year or so we used them.
  • gazfocus
    gazfocus Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    Options
    Another vote here for Voipfone. We've been with them for 6 years and very happy with them.
  • icebergx
    icebergx Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    So I had a busy day and, as well as speaking to VoIPfone, Soho66 and Gradwell, I spoke to TTNC, VirtualLandline and Vonage, and TTNC have even allowed me a trail including a couple of pounds of call credit.
    Gradwell, with its 2 year locking is a straight pass. Vonage has a 1 year lock-in but they also have a £16 p/m package with truly unlimited landline and mobile calls. Still, in the short term, I don't think I need unlimited calls just yet.

In terms of outgoing call costs, TTNC and VirtualLandline were significantly cheaper per minute for mobile calls (just 5.5 and 4p respectively) and about the same for landlines (1.5p and 1p.)

I had very good chats with all of these services (min. 15mins each) and in terms of customer service, they all came across very professionally.
    I'll request a trial from VirtualLandline, and barring any issues, I will probably signup with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure