Experian: How many points does electoral register increase?

Options

Comments

• andyfromotley
    andyfromotley Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hijack, but i am trying to measure the length of unicorns horns. I'm not asking peoples opinions on whether unicorns exist or not. I'm not asking general advice on the length of unicorns horns.

i am asking specifically if people have measured the horn of their unicorn precisely.

I am trying to compile a list of precisely how the length of a unicorns horn relates to you chance of of marrying a prince/ess according to your unicorn 'score'.

TIA Andy.
    £1000 Emergency fund No90 £1000/1000
    LBM 28/1/15 total debt - [STRIKE]£23,410[/STRIKE] 24/3/16 total debt - £7,298
    !
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ^ :rotfl::beer:
  • Maggie.Moo_2
    Options
    I can't tell you how many points it will increase by but from my own Experian free trial I know one of my negative factors was "limited time on the electoral register" (either just under three years or just under five years due to my age - can't remember if I put my name on at 16 or 18), so I imagine it may take some time for it to have a significant affect/massive increase in points.
    Apologies for any typos, my phone can't handle the forums.
  • WG0608
    WG0608 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    It must have at least a slight beneficial impact.
  • Maggie.Moo_2
    Options
    WG0608 wrote: »
    It must have at least a slight beneficial impact.

I imagine it's similar to opening a credit account; having one in good standing is good but the longer you've had it the better for your score and it takes time to make a significant impact.
    Apologies for any typos, my phone can't handle the forums.
  • pmd123
    pmd123 Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    You're all skirting around the issue, and not answering the all important question...

i am asking specifically if people have measured the horn of their unicorn precisely.

TIA Andy.

I have done this only the other day, and the answer was precisely 42.
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    Options
    pmd123 wrote: »
    You're all skirting around the issue, and not answering the all important question...

And have you married into royalty yet?
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    pmd123 wrote: »

I thought that 42 was the answer to the meaning of the universe and everything.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • quinndelfre
    Options
    matttye wrote: »
    It increases it by rand(1,999) points.

That's not possible. You must be really naive to think lenders don't see your Experian credit score. Officially they're not able to see it, but when I deliberately make an application to a lender and have a friend working there, if he's able to give me feedback on my score, accurately, he's either psychic or able to see my credit score.
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm asking specifically if anyone here knows how many points does the score on your Experian credit report increase by once Experian has information that you've registered to vote? And is this increase consistent whether you have a score of say 400 or 900 for example?

Forget all the twaddle posted here, your credit score really DOES matter. And the key thing is the constituency in which you vote.

The maths are pretty complex, but in a simplified form it goes something like this :

Do you live in Greater London ? Yes ? Your score will increase by 56.735%

Do you live in Greater London ? No ? Who gives a sh*t what you think, that's "The North", innit ?" Credit score = -96.428%

Do you live on Tattoine ? Yes ? The force is strong within you, you don't need credit, just take whatever you need. When the bailiffs come knocking at your door, you simply say "This is not the debtor you're looking for", and they'll go away.

Well done Sir, 9/10 for an excellent and amusing troll :):T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport