MMD Should I share my discount?

Options

Comments

• gloriouslyhappy
    Options
    [QUOTE=
    It's about treating your friends right - do you value a few pounds more than the friendship?
    Originally posted by gloriouslyhappy

by Pollycat;73879750] Apparently so.
    Otherwise they wouldn't have asked the question. :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Oh Pollycat, what a sad indicator of our times. There's money-saving, and then there's just plain mean!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Oh Pollycat, what a sad indicator of our times. There's money-saving, and then there's just plain mean!
    I so agree.
    The meanness that comes across in the originator's 'MMD' is deafening.

FWIW, whenever I go out with anyone, I always try to make sure I pay my way by whatever means I can.
    If a friend drives, I'll pay the car parking or the park-and-ride bus fare.
    And often buy lunch too.

I dislike mean (as in money-obsessed) people with a passion.
  • Cimscate
    Cimscate Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    But if the originator of this MMD is so mean that they feel the need to ask if they should share the £10 discount with their friend, they may be scared that the bill for drinks might come to £10.30 and then they'd be out of pocket. :rotfl:

Love this, so true
  • happyinflorida
    Options
    Did you pay for the app or was it a freebie?

If it was free you should pay your friend back the whole amount as you've overcharged your friend and no friend should do that IMO.

If you don't and somehow your friend finds out - how do you think they'll feel after finding out you've charged them £10 more than you've actually paid for the ticket?
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Some friend you are if you even have to ask.
    Pants
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If it was me I would let them know and use the 'free' money (since you were both presumably happy to pay full price) to treat yourselves to a drink before the show.
  • Augustus_the_Strong
    Options
    Yes. I would have thought it goes without saying.

If she refuses it, use it to buy drinks in the interval.
  • REJP
    REJP Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would give her back what she paid.
    If you keep the money you are stealing from your friend, and you cannot get much lower than that.
  • loobysmum
    Options
    last year i was going for drinks and to the cinema with 2 friends, money was a bit tight at that time so i had 3 free vouchers, so i was going to use my vouchers and the money they paid i was going to use to buy a round of drinks. when my friends found out that i was goiung to use my vouchers they made me feel like i was robbing them which really hurt, they seemed to think that because the vouchers were free, then they shouldnt have to give me the money, but the vouchers were valid for a year so it meant next time i went i had to pay instead of getting it free. so i would tell your friend and hope she reacts better than my so called friends.
  • bargaingaz
    Options
    Go Halves

But on a side note, MSE provides this section for a bit of fun to get peoples opinions.

I do get fed up though reading every week someone saying did this happen?, these are made up or why ask this question?

Think my finger would hover over the ban button if I worked on MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure