Sending to GSP .. Poly bag or box

Options
When I sell clothing within the UK I normally just stick it in a poly mailer and send it off.

This morning I have sold an item through the Ebay GSP programme and was wondering whether the poly mailer is adequate, for any possible rough handling on the journey overseas, or should I maybe just stick it in a box.

Wine boxes at my local supermarket, when cut in half make ideal boxes. Some are OK as they are, but many a just a fraction over the 16cm thickness maximum for a RM small parcel.

thanks !

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,257 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WLM21 wrote: »
    When I sell clothing within the UK I normally just stick it in a poly mailer and send it off.

This morning I have sold an item through the Ebay GSP programme and was wondering whether the poly mailer is adequate, for any possible rough handling on the journey overseas, or should I maybe just stick it in a box.

Wine boxes at my local supermarket, when cut in half make ideal boxes. Some are OK as they are, but many a just a fraction over the 16cm thickness maximum for a RM small parcel.

thanks !

There's no need to do anything different , if it arrives at the hub and they want to box it then they can, if a plastic mailer is sufficient within the UK then it's fine.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes they often repackage it anyway at the hub so i dont do anything different
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport