pre regulation?

Options
Hi,

A few questions, and not very financially savvy, please be patient with me!

I had PPI sold to me in 1989 on car finance, being told I was too young to get the car/finance without it.

Is this mis selling?

With this being pre regulation is it impossible to make a complaint?

I think the finance company was Lombard, but cannot be 100% on that. Is it worth the effort to try and investigate/complain?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Poppybud wrote: »
    I think the finance company was Lombard, but cannot be 100% on that. Is it worth the effort to try and investigate/complain?
    Very probably not worth any effort . Any complaint from 1989 about Car Finance PPI can and will be rejected without ceremony..
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this mis selling?

probably.
    With this being pre regulation is it impossible to make a complaint?

Most car dealers were not regulated until January 2005. So, the dealer wont need to consider a complaint about a sale made prior to that date.

You can check the FCA register to see if the car dealer was regulated prior to 2005. (expect them not to be)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure