Toto Energy

Options
Hi, I'm currently on a cheap AVRO Energy tarrif due to expire 20th October. I'm attempting to arrange my next tarrif so that it starts on 21st October.

I've done a comparison and the Toto Energy tarriff 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' comes out cheapest - just with a couple of querks. Firstly when I go to the Toto website and start the process based on usage etc. the only tarrifs shown in the results are different to those on th price comparison site, and quite a bit more expensive - a text search on the page, shows that I need to call them up directly to the 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' tarrif and can't switch using the Toto website. Has anyone seen this before - can there by any possible justification for this other than trying to con people onto a more expensive tarrif having been referring by a PCW?

Second query - my understanding is that it's fairly standard practice to arrange switches in advance, to start at the end of a current fixed term deal. Toto said they couldn't do this, they could either start me in 3 weeks or I'd need to leave it? Is this strange, are Toto not worth the effort?

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Second query - my understanding is that it's fairly standard practice to arrange switches in advance, to start at the end of a current fixed term deal. Toto said they couldn't do this, they could either start me in 3 weeks or I'd need to leave it? Is this strange, are Toto not worth the effort?

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

Fairly standard?? I have never heard of this.

There are other factors like the 'losing' company being involved or a dispute over meter readings. You need to start the process of switching and guess how long it will take.
  • blueincubus
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Fairly standard?? I have never heard of this.

There are other factors like the 'losing' company being involved or a dispute over meter readings. You need to start the process of switching and guess how long it will take.

OK fair enough if it's not standard that's not a problem, I expect I just imagined that it was possible to do it that way, it's been a while since I switched without a homemove. I guess I'll schedule it by my end date for AVRO minus 17 days switch time.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've done a comparison and the Toto Energy tarriff 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' comes out cheapest - just with a couple of querks. Firstly when I go to the Toto website and start the process based on usage etc. the only tarrifs shown in the results are different to those on th price comparison site, and quite a bit more expensive - a text search on the page, shows that I need to call them up directly to the 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' tarrif and can't switch using the Toto website. Has anyone seen this before - can there by any possible justification for this other than trying to con people onto a more expensive tarrif having been referring by a PCW?....

Perhaps there is a clue in the tariff name?

'TOTO Smart Meter Saver'

Presumably you need a TOTO Smart Meter to obtain that tariff ;)
    Call them and they will arrange it ... free of charge I understand :money:
  • blueincubus
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Perhaps there is a clue in the tariff name?

'TOTO Smart Meter Saver'

Presumably you need a TOTO Smart Meter to obtain that tariff ;)
    Call them and they will arrange it ... free of charge I understand :money:

Nope - the other tarrifs shown are smart mater tarrifs, just more expensive.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nope - the other tarrifs shown are smart mater tarrifs, just more expensive.

Sorry, you may have misunderstood me.

When I look at their website is asks me to "Choose the tariff and meter that suits you"

If you are not currently with Toto, then you do not have a Toto smart meter.

Either select that you have an old fashioned meter, or contact them to arrange a smart meter. :)
  • Pet50
    Pet50 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Toto don't come up on your cheap energy club and yet they cam eup the cheapest on another comparison site. Would you recommend them, Martin?
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Pet50 wrote: »
    Toto don't come up on your cheap energy club and yet they cam eup the cheapest on another comparison site. Would you recommend them, Martin?

Been with ToTo for 6 months,
    Still the cheapest for Pay-As-You-Go. as far as i can tell with zero standing charges.

Great for costs but not so great with support. Takes ages to get a email reply (7 days for a reply at one point!). Phone is a bit hit-and-miss busy noisy call centre can be hard to make out (but that was 5-6 months ago might have better outcome now.)
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

We at TOTO work hard to provide the best possible experience for all our customers. We're a fast growing company that prides itself on providing industry leading customer service and experience.

To keep on improving, we need the help of all our customers. We understand we don’t always get it right but are committed to continuously improve the level of service we provide.

We're currently fitting 10% of all the Smart Meters in the UK. Our ambition is to provide smart energy at smart prices through a simple switching experience. We're working hard to change and improve the way we look after our customers which we can only do with your help and feedback.

Our online Help & Support has the answers to a lot of questions you may have. Contact us via Livechat, Webform, Facebook, [EMAIL="customersupport@totoenergy.com"]e-mail[/EMAIL] or call us on 03332107070.

Should you want to make a complaint, e-mail us at [EMAIL="Complaints@totoenergy.com"]Complaints@totoenergy.com[/EMAIL], we’re always happy to help.

Thanks,

Jack – TOTO Customer Care Team :)
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure