Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Hillbern,

I know you are manically busy and you must feel the world does not stop demanding things from you, but I do envy you, the time with your grandchildren will give you a bond that is rare seen xxx

DS1 has just send me photographs of him and his girlfriend one of the one where the face has been swopped, with a caption that I am going to have ugly grandchildren. I would love ugly grandkids, but would like them close enough to see them... I have told him they need to be within 3 hours air travel. He said that they will be go New Zealand to live when they settle... how the heck is that 3 hours away!
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Kids can be mean at time x

I think you could turn the tables... got some literature about sky jumping and tell them you are doing it... then go shopping instead! x

What a great idea :D

Your DS3 sounds like my DS4 although he doesn't drive so has no car. It's always the bank of mum and dad to the fire with promises galore to pay back.

What does he do when he gets paid? Books a posh hotel for 1 night to take his DGF away :mad:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :D
    Sorry your sister hasn't had such a good week. Not good news about your customer either, I know things aren't easy for him.

Was fantastic, I thought of you when I was watching TS! I also welled up a little when bryony started crying, she was so full of emotion bless her.
    Thanks was sisters wedding anniversary Weds 3 yrs :( but she is coming out the other side
    No things not good for him:A
    That's kind of you to ask. :A
    Still been ongoing, however she came round the other night and finally apologised and also came up with proposals I could agree to (the first proposals were terrible). So, it's being started the day after the bank holiday. In the meantime something completely unexpected came up related to it which I can't go into, but let's just say it isn't a good situation and I'll be very glad to get my garden done and finished.
    Glad you got it sorted , but one problem always leads to another:mad:

I need to pop out in a bit, didnt et up until about 9.45:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Call_of_Trouty
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Why do siblings stir things up for each other?

DS4 has dropped several hints that DS3 is cycling today , 100 road race here in Suffolk. He's said nothing to me but he knows how I feel about him taking part in this sport :(

You don't like cycling ?
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    What a great idea :D

Your DS3 sounds like my DS4 although he doesn't drive so has no car. It's always the bank of mum and dad to the fire with promises galore to pay back.

What does he do when he gets paid? Books a posh hotel for 1 night to take his DGF away :mad:

He does things like spend £10,000 on a motor bike, speeds, and has to go to court, probably sell the bike :T and may loose his licence. It is a huge realisation (for me). So my plan of action is to insist on the debts being paid...I may then progress to them contributing to the household costs:D:D:D But OH is adamantly against this... there has been a few heated discussions about this, I think we should charge them £100 a month and without them knowing put this into a bank account so that it can help with deposit for house/wedding etc.

My mum did used to charge us £20 a week (over 30 years ago:eek:) but she put it into bank, and it paid for our weddings... as I did not marry my OH she had her house remodelled with my wedding money whilst my brother was handed his for a deposit!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    You don't like cycling ?

It is rather dangerous
    :p:p:p
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    2mh68hz.jpg

Good Morning.
    Another lovely day here.We could do with some rain.
    Pulled some onions.Drying them out on a rack resting between two garden chairs.

Still got another lot to pull but due to the dry weather they are not as good as last year.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I reminded him that he has borrowed the money to buy 3 cars, undertake various repairs, pay for insurances, and recently took my credit card on holiday with him for emergency purposes and spend £1100 on it.... and each time he promises to pay back immediately and does not but goes on to spend money on more rubbish...

So..................should I call you mam, mum or mammy?? ;)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    savvy_sal wrote: »
    2mh68hz.jpg

Good Morning.
    Another lovely day here.We could do with some rain.
    Pulled some onions.Drying them out on a rack resting between two garden chairs.

Still got another lot to pull but due to the dry weather they are not as good as last year.

Yet another one rubbing in about the nice summer they have had :mad:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Ladyshopper
    Ladyshopper Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    She's not doing too badly, thank you :A she's just started medication to stop her twitching but I had to battle to get that for her. The doctors receptionist tried saying that she had to wait until an appointment became free and that wasn't until 23rd August :eek::mad: needless to say I got on the phone and had an appointment for her two hours later :cool:

qoc, i must have missed your post about your Mum, so sorry. Glad you were able to secure her a better appointment!

Snap, your friend's boss sounds like a nightmare, not unlike some I've had unfortunately. Don't blame her for getting a sick note, make sure she keeps renewing it until she is completely better. I hope your Disney event goes well.

Hillbern, sorry to hear you were poorly, things sound more than a bit manic for you at the moment!

Sunshinemummy, my DS will be paying rent when he finishes his college course next year. Not sure how much, will obviously be proportionate to what he earns (although he wants to do Camp America next summer so rent will have to wait til his return!). However, DD is off to Uni (hopefully!) next September, so will be away. What to people tend to do in the long holidays (I'm thinking more the following summer to be honest, when she is likely to be working and earning). Do you charge a nominal amount, or let them off, or what? I'm going to be considerably worse off when they finish college as I will lose maintenance, tax credits and child benefit. Even by going full time at work I'm still likely to be about £500 a month down, plus will lose my single adult council tax discount. Will probably have to stop my mortgage overpayments, although hopefully only another few years of mortgage anyway as got it right down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure