VERY.COM are saying item has been delivered but its not our signatures

Options
stolt
stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
hi all, I postred this on the vent forum but as someone pointed out i might get more advice on here on what to do next as i seem to be doing all the running around....

i need some advice regarding Very.com. I pre-ordered a Samsung S8 mobile phone from them and it was due to be released on the 29th April.

I checked my account on the 26th April for an update on the phone and i could see that he was showing dispatched and delivered on the 20th April.

Which i intiailly thought was a mistake as the phone was due official release on the 29th and i only thought samsung was sending them out earlier than the dispatch date.
I tried calling very.com but found i could not get hold of customer services on the phone but i could via the live chat help.
I spoke to someone on the 27th april and explained that its showing delivered but i haven't recieved it. The lady said she can see a query on the system and someone is looking into it for me.
On the 28th I spoke to live chat again and managed to get a few more details from them with regards to when the phone was delivered. they gave me a date and a time and i checked our CCTV and told the live chat at the time im checking it and i cannot see anyone entering my driveway at this time stated on the POD.
I got a email on the 1st of May stating that they ae investigating but that they havent had feedback as the carrier is closed, can i call them to follow up. Tried calling again but at work so was easier to reply to the email they sent me.

I emailed them back with details and I received a mail back advising that due to security they were unable to reply to me without me supplying five pieces of information . account number, name, date of birth, email address etc (all i had done is replied to their initial email
i got a automated message just saying it was recieved.

on the 8th of may i chatted to someone on live help again (prefer this method as you get a transcript emailed to you after so no disputing what has been said) ive not had anyone call me from very.com and the lady apologieses and she looked at me account and then said ' it shows the item as delivered' so i had to go through he whole story again and then she said she would need to forward my query and that someone will call me in 3-5 working days. I said it was urgent now as its been some time and she said it was marked as urgent and someone should call me today, (well that was yesterday and still no phone call) and no call this morning either.

Yesterday on the live chat i asked for the tracking number and did a search on the royal mail website, it stated lastest update : deliveried to your address or neighbour. Signed with what looks like a X and then my surname as tje signature. Im at work all day and the person indoors would be wife who hasnt signed for it.

I went to playback the footage yesterday and save it as evidence and as its been a while since the intial delivery date the hardrive as wrote over the file so now i dont have this cruial bit of evidence i could kick myself (apparently I only get two weeks worth of footage which then it overwrites) i've literally missed the footage by a day as i could still see footage from the 21st april when i was chekcing yesterday.
i originally thought when i spoke to them it would be a couple of days and of course its dragged on.

I dont seem to be getting anywhere and i ordered the phone on a 3 payment system but this will affect my credit rating because the first payment is due on the 13th May.

what can i do? they are saying its been delivered and it definately hasnt and now its my word against theirs and i think they are just letting it drag on

an update as of the 16th may, ive since chased twice on live chat, still no phone call, ive been asked to complete a non recept form which ive completed and sent back and still heard nothing.

thanks
Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!

Comments

• nyermen
    nyermen Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hopefully someone else will give better guidance but a few areas of reference which may help:
    Citizens Advice

Where something like you have described has happened, I understand that it's up to Very to liaise with their delivery company (and it is theirs, not yours - the contract is between them). And there is form for a signature not being proof of delivery, though you may have to push yourself if Very won't help (eg. LBA).
    Peter

Debt free - finally finished paying off £20k + Interest.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It may be worth speaking to your local RM collection office, they may not do anything for you as you were not their customer but if you can provide ID and the tracking number they should be able to speak to the postie involved he/she might still remember it. It may well have been delivered to a neighbour, although a card should have been left.
  • Very.co.uk_company_representative
    Very.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 143 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi stolt, I am sorry to hear you've not had the delivery of your Samsung S8 and for the inconvenience this has caused.

We would like to investigate this further for you, so I can do this can you please visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/VeryUK), give us a brief explanation of your query and that you have come from MSE.

Thanks.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Very.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi stolt, I am sorry to hear you've not had the delivery of your Samsung S8 and for the inconvenience this has caused.

We would like to investigate this further for you, so I can do this can you please visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/VeryUK), give us a brief explanation of your query and that you have come from MSE.

Thanks.

Why send them elsewhere? Why not deal with them via a PM here. Poor show.

I can copy and paste too!;)
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »

I didn't know they couldn't PM on here.

However, it still poor customer service to send them somewhere else, why not back to Very? They should at least have an email for these queries which shows they've come from MSE.

Very = Very Bad CS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport