IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from CPM

Options
sabtokin
sabtokin Posts: 19 Forumite
edited 7 December 2017 at 7:04PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all,

I've been issued a PCN from UK CPM (UK Car park managemen) on the 4th of December for staying in a hospital car part (north Middlesex hospital) without paying.

The driver was picking up a family member and knew that the first 10 minutes parking is free at the very least, but their family got held up and they ended up waiting for 18 minutes which is what I'm being fined for.

The driver didn't even realise the parking wasn't free because they couldn't see any signs from where they had parked, but my family member told them that the parking wasn't free when they arrived. But the driver thought it would be okay anyway because it felt like they'd only been waiting for 10 minutes.

The driver also circled the car park a few times at the start and end because they wanted to pick them up from the main entrance so they had to keep checking if they had arrived.

I'm just wondering if I have any case to appeal and hopefully get the PCN cancelled?

Thanks!

Comments

• claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm just wondering if I have any case to appeal and hopefully get the PCN cancelled
    Always worth appealing as keeper.
    See NEWBIE sticky thread about appealing to an IPC member - when/how/what to say.

If feasible I would go back to the car park and look at the signs taking pictures.
    Depending on what it says depends on the advice how to defend it.
    Potentially one defence is about the 10 mins grace period allowed to leave the car park after the initial free 10 mins of parking.

Note: I would heavily edit your opening post so there is no reference to who the driver may have been. Use the words "the driver did..." Etc.
    This ensures you don't shoot yourself in the foot when you want to defend this case as the keeper.
    (Parking firms search forums and can use the info they find as evidence)
  • sabtokin
    Options
    Thank you for the reply! I'll definitely go back and take some pictures! And I'll update the original post too, thank you.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bear in mind that the PPC is unlikely to cancel the initial appeal, these companies rarely do

its a paper excercise only

and definitely edit post #1

what happened on the day happened to THE DRIVER

what happened since that day has happened to the KEEPER
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    Have you formally contacted PALS (Google it) at the hospital and ask them to intervene and get this cancelled?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • sabtokin
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    bear in mind that the PPC is unlikely to cancel the initial appeal, these companies rarely do

its a paper excercise only

and definitely edit post #1

what happened on the day happened to THE DRIVER

what happened since that day has happened to the KEEPER

Thank you for the response. What do you mean by "its a paper exercise only"?
  • sabtokin
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Have you formally contacted PALS (Google it) at the hospital and ask them to intervene and get this cancelled?

I have not yet. Should I do this immediately? (Before appealing to UK CPM?)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    sabtokin wrote: »
    I have not yet. Should I do this immediately? (Before appealing to UK CPM?)

Was the UKCPM a windscreen or through-the-post ticket? You need to follow the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which tells you the optimum time for when to send in your initial appeal to them. Getting that right is your first priority. Then ......

If it was a windscreen ticket you can get on with the PALS contact before waiting until around day 18 (as per the sticky) to send in your initial appeal to UKCPM.

If it was a NtK through the post, get on with your initial appeal while contacting PALS in parallel.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport