Noddle.com don't think I exist?

Options
tinalou123
tinalou123 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 1 December 2017 at 1:32PM in Credit file & ratings
Hi, Newbie to the forum here.

Last Friday I attempted to sign up to Tesco mobile via their website and purchase 2 mobile phone contracts, after entering all of my details correctly the screen froze upon submission and "unable to pass identity check" was displayed. I assumed this was an issue with the website so phoned the contact number to continue my purchase. After going through the procedure with the advisor he got the same result, he tried 3 times to which on the last attempt he said I was now locked out from anymore attempts for 7 days. I've never had such an issue ever, so had to dig a little deeper.

I was a little concerned so opened communications with Tesco Mobile Facebook team, they informed me to contact Experian and said they would contact the appropriate team on Monday to see what the issue was, when they made contact again they said they couldn't say what the issue was but did say it would be in my interest to now contact a website called Noddle.com as this was the only company you use to obtain identity checks.

After contacting Experian who stated everything on on my file was in excellent order and could see this for myself, I contacted the bank, action fraud and the police as I was slightly worried I'd been a victim of identity theft. The bank informed me there were no issues and that there's no reason I should be rejected from a service, the police and action fraud have also said there were no issues.

the Tesco Mobile Facebook team have informed me there is nothing else they can do. Twice I've tried to setup a callback with the service team, both times they have failed to call me.

I have signed up to Noddle and that states they have no credit history for me, yet I can get a full report from Experian. There is no contact information for Noddle apart from a help email, I contacted and got a reluctant reply after several days stating they don't have any credit history for me? I've replied suggesting the problem is with them as I can see everything with Experian and still waiting for a reply again.

As you can see I am somewhat stuck against the wall here, I have a full verifiable credit and identity history within credit agents and have never heard of Noddle nor they me for that fact.

Whats more concerning is I would not be able to partake in my profession of 13 years if my credit history was bad and identity unverifiable.

I have recently cancelled my current mobile contract to join Tesco Mobile but am now somewhat stuck and running out of time.

I would still like the opportunity to join Tesco Mobile but can see Noddle deforming my chances of this without any foundation or clarity to resolve.

If anyone has some light on this situation please contact me, I can only guess my next options are to contact the Financial and Telecommunication Ombudsman.

Regards
Tina

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Most likely is that the providers you use don't report to Call Credit.

There's no reason to be phoning the police or action fraud just because Tesco won't give you a contract. Certainly the FOS won't be interested.

Try another mobile provider. Alo check your Equifax report to ensure all is well on there.
  • tinalou123
    Options
    Hi there,

As I stated, I contacted the police and Action fraud because I was concerned with identity theft, due to not having any issues like this before.

I think my concerns were justified to rule it out and move on.

Thanks for your reply.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You should be aware that Noddle is not a credit reporting agency (CRA) but only a conduit for Callcredit which is a CRA. All of the data on the Noddle report comes from CallCredit so they are the ones that you would need to contact if you wanted to pursue the issue.
  • tinalou123
    Options
    Brilliant, just sent an email to Callcredit and chiming in with Equifax as we speak.

Thanks for your help guys.
  • tinalou123
    Options
    Signed up to Equifax and everything looks sound.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most people would just go elsewhere, you've given it both barrels, reloaded and shot again!

Relax, You're fine.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tinalou123 wrote: »
    Signed up to Equifax and everything looks sound.

Signed up with Call credit then ?
  • SuperSuze
    Options
    Noddle is a weird company indeed. Last year I signed up for their free credit report service, giving plenty of information about my former addresses etc. To this day, every month they send me an automated email saying "We could not locate your credit report". Aren't they supposed to be compiling it? ;-)
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    SuperSuze wrote: »
    Noddle is a weird company indeed. Last year I signed up for their free credit report service, giving plenty of information about my former addresses etc. To this day, every month they send me an automated email saying "We could not locate your credit report". Aren't they supposed to be compiling it? ;-)
    No, they just purchase the data from the credit reporting agency, CallCredit.
  • tinalou123
    tinalou123 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2017 at 3:26PM
    Options
    Singed up to multiple companies now all with a perfectly fine historic report.

The response on Noddle is...

Unfortunately we cannot currently generate a credit report for you. This is because you don’t currently have enough of a credit history to populate a full credit file. But that’s where we’re here to help. With your Noddle account you will find information about building a credit file and accessing your credit report as well as services to help you save money on the important things in life, from utilities and broadband to high street shopping.

I try to sign up with Callcredit and it puts me through to Noddle lol, starting to loose my noddle!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure