IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET Parking services Stansted airport

Options
Hi all, new on here, so bear with me please, my partners daughter has been issued with a parking charge notice from MET at Stansted airport whilst trying to do myself and my partner a favour by picking us up on 01/05/18, unfortunately, my luggage was lost so my partners daughter had to go and wait somewhere whilst we tried to sort out the whole sorry affair, the luggage wasn't found, so we left them trying to locate it, all the time my partners daughter was parked up at south gate park awaiting our call, it turns out she was waiting 73mins instead of the alloted 60mins. I have no intention of paying this fine, if anyone should pay its Stansted airport for their incompetence, does anyone know where we go from here, we've not appealed as of yet.
Many thanks
ps, my luggage was eventually found....in Alicante, i received it two days later!!!!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked not to post until after reading up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Go there now to learn about the game you are caught up in

(How to appeal is covered together with a template to use)
  • DarrenSpain
    Options
    Hi quentin, i can't find the newbie faq thread
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Near the top of the forum - the list of all threads in this forum
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi quentin, i can't find the newbie faq thread
    One click back, second post down, as Quentin told you. Here is a link if you still cannot find it.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't try that argument "I have no intention of paying this fine, if anyone should pay its Stansted airport for their incompetence, does anyone know where we go from here, we've not appealed as of yet.
    Many thanks
    ps, my luggage was eventually found....in Alicante, i received it two days later!!"

How could it remotely be their fault if the luggage was somewhere else?

Simple fact - your daughter contravened the parking conditions. So you have to rely on a "technical reason" why she should not pay. This forum has tone of technical reasons to use, but the golden rule, particularly at airports is "NEVER ADMIT WHO WAS DRIVING"

You have been guided to the right place with previous posts but, in addition, search this forum looking for threads with "AIRPORT" in the title - - lots of previous advice and info for you to catch up on, but nothing over 2 years old, please.
  • DarrenSpain
    Options
    Hi Guys Dad, well ive copied and sent the template, so hoping that will get things started, the reason i blame Stansted airport is if they hadn't lost my luggage, then she wouldn't have been waiting for so long for us trying to locate it. Thats the problem there, what should have been a quick pickup has started all this, but you are right, she did contravene the parking conditions, but only because of the issue above.
    I will continue looking for Airport threads, so many thanks for that.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    search for APCOA BIRMINGHAM and APCOA LUTON and JLA LIVERPOOL VCS

you will find dozens or hundreds , all bylaws issues, all similar issues

the airport are not going to take the blame for this , despite the lost luggage, pointless concentrating on the why it happened, more about the fact the parking terms were violated by the driver, then getting off on a technicality

the background info is not relevant as it wont be taken into consideration by anyone at any time
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Guys Dad, well ive copied and sent the template, so hoping that will get things started, the reason i blame Stansted airport is if they hadn't lost my luggage, then she wouldn't have been waiting for so long for us trying to locate it. Thats the problem there, what should have been a quick pickup has started all this, but you are right, she did contravene the parking conditions, but only because of the issue above.
    I will continue looking for Airport threads, so many thanks for that.

Maybe I missed the point, but if your luggage was in Spain, then is it not the fault of the baggage handlers or system at the airport you were returning from and not the one you landed at?

Not really important or anything to do with parking, but it made me curious.

Do as Redx suggests as there is tons of good stuff already on this forum re airports.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure