In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Yep. I use airers and a pulley ( Sheila's maid?) don't even let lodger use tumble dryer. Oh well, extra night off them may well cover extra power. :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lots going over here mfd. Glad LD working out for you, they're pretty exhausting but the days off can make up for it.

Exercise is key isn't it, remember you make lots of changes on the inside before seeing them on the outside.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Thanks wifey27,

Cath I exercise through my 20's and 30's... ran 10k 5 times a week, then I started getting injuries.. around the time our finances bombed.. so I worked more and exercised less...

I'm feeling so much better/fitter with exercise... I will joined SW when I'm back from hols.. in October :o
    both my long days this week clocked 9.5 miles..each.

MY NEW BLINDS ARRIVED :T :T (designer white with tapes :D

The smaller windows of the bay look amazing, unfortunately my OH measured window wrong.. and the middle one is far too big..... how on earth he got it soooo wrong.... but I refrained from anger (just about) ordered new and correct size. £136. This means the back window (spray painted blind) will wait another month or more to be ordered. The airbnb money for the next week will go towards new blind, the car loan is back to being paid off 1st of next month. I suppose we are lucky we now have extra income source to do this with...(thank you Jimlad and ATB)

Fortunately DD2 has had a short blind in her bedroom ermmm for 11 years.. masked by a TV and books on her window ledge..so blind has been put in her room... phew not wasted.. But now I have to paint her wooden window frame area white, shes away until tomorrow so will be a surprise :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Food shopping this month stand at about £5... crisps and snacks probably a tenner..
    We are still eating from the freezer and cupboard stores.. we've used all the unknowns :D
    Freezer food left ..minced beef, diced beef, chicken pieces, sea bass, pizza, frozen veg and some ginger.there is also and a couple of veggie bits for DD2. quorn mince and chicken, biriani rice, meatless meatballs and a ready meal.

It seems a lot written down

Will need to buy pasta, potatoes, ham, yogurts. probably will buy more than just that :o Our store cupboards are still full

On Tuesday in work I ate, museli for breakfast (shops own brand)... with a ys bagel, 3 week old cream cheese topped with smoked salmon frozen the day after its sell by date, strawberries and grapes which had been in my bag 2 days..... then for tea I had 3 day old mashed potato with corned beef to make a hash... I survived :D but may that was a bit too extreme :/

OH just gone to the dentist. hopefully last visit £208 :eek

So little money spent on food but lots of money spent on living
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Thought i'd put my 500 post on my diary.. not planned just noticed :D

Another long day a work done.. , they aren't too bad a all... 4 days off in a week and only a half marathon to complete each shift ;)

food spends another £25 yesterday so £30 in total...DD2 has been away 4days and we will be away next week end and the week after... so not an accurate estimate. however we need to keep general spends low to balance the biggies :D

Bought cost@ in work.. payback for all the times my colleague has got me one ... feel good :D

Think guests left big stain on chair :(... OH washed it today..but it's not great... they moved chairs to opposite sides of room .. swapped them over... but put cushion back to front not just upside down :( big stains :(.... after spending what seemed like DAYS in the laundry she could've washed it!!!! GGRRR they've left a review but I have to leave one to look... they where nice... so how come they weren't nice in telling us :( we have back to back bookings so really affects the room .. blaaaaagh
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Oh no! Hope you can get the chair sorted. I'm close to a 500th post too.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    It'll have to make do with a machine wash as we only had a day between guests.

Would really like to update.. recover chair, make it a bit more in keeping with the room, it's the wicker one we had in our other house conservatory.... but I don't want to do it, or fork out... so there we hit a wall :o

Spend spend spend!!!!! that's how I feel this summer has been..

Today took DD2 shopping she wanted me to buy all of her uni stuff!! she has had £365 off me (£250 deposit for room), £100 off my mum, £550 wages... and shes fretting because £90 in the bank... She has earned £500 or more this week plus the rest of the months money..... She will get paid next week before we leave for uni....

I spent £110 on her birthday pressies and £10 on quilt and pillows for her in asdoom...

on nights next week so low spends early on however, we are off to the south , friday for 2 nights and it's her birthday .... then the week after Lanzarote.... not ungrateful really, we've saved, but would love the bottomless pit of spending to stop.

I bought her a glittery suede bag from TKmaxxxxx for £40, a journal and a couple of posh note books. got a bargain this week on Guccibamboo, so will chuck that in, a fancy storage box, nice hair brush and a letter S ornament for her accom :D

So we met up again and she says will you buy me shoes, cardigans, clothes because I'll be the tr@mp at uni..... (She has £5000 that we've saved for her in an ISA) Blluuuuuurrrgh .

October please come ... I'm waiting for you ;)
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    £9 spent on food today at Mr m... fridge looking bare and freezer is half full... mainly with 10p loaves my OH gets from his work. so £39 for month so far.. we are taking DD2 to uni this weekend and off on hols the week after so tiny shops only...

Filled up with petrol today £44, has had £20 last week , £64 in total

Supplies won't last much longer, although we have enough for a few proper meals... but no snacks :( So made a Madeira cake :D pretty fabulous it is too.... did use OH to mix the mixture, I just weighed and told him what to do. We've also a cottage pie for 4 , now there is only the pair of us to eat it... leftovers to take to work tomorrow it is :D

Didn't work last night as spent the day with mother in hospital... I dont think there is a new change but my Sis saw her be short of breath in the morning, but felt it was prolonged,, to be fair her meds do need tweaking... and her memory is shocking.... but being in the system means she will followed up cognitively.. hospital parking and extra £15... with more likely tomorrow .

I need to get a grip with general spending and we would be laughing. Just need this month out of the way ;)

Still waiting for the replacement blinds and I have asked paypal for a refund on a cancelled order. I asked the company last week but no joy yet £59.97.

Bargains, bread maker fleabay... £5
    v@x hoover 2nd hand shop £10... was going to give it to DD1 but she can have our henry, as this is a bit fresher :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Well this has been a busy week... night shifts, hospital visits, packing, mothers hospital discharge, taking DD2 to uni ...guilt about mother.. work swapping shifts.. phew at least I'm on hols after tomorrow.

extra day off due to extra shift worked... but mum hasn't been great.. her spell in hospital has fixed her medically but her memory is shocking.. "what day is it??" so hopefully the systems that i have so much faith in ,and have spent my life in, will be able to support.

We are off to Canaries on Friday... we are being "travellers"... my OH thinks backpackers... but I wouldn't quite go that far.... local train to closest airport 52 mins.. £5.20 each... cheaper than a week parking or taxi.

Spent far too much... have cried for 24 hours since we left DD2... I need to put up those walls... but also mother guilt... her cognition will be investigated in the coming weeks... it has been patchy this year , but since return from hospital she seems to have lost her short term memory altogether.

So plan for the week... work tomorrow... after gym and mother visit.. off Wednesday Thursday, week away Friday.

DD1 will look after the dog again.. think I will have to give her the £108 (she borrowed to pay her stupid ongoing dvla fine... )

Spent far too much much but got student discount off UGgs £27!!!!! so I spent even more on DD2 :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Last bnb fella took keys with him. He wants to return them today and discuss a Monday to Thursday autumn let, at a reduced rate, outside of the company... I wouldn't mind so much except he asked us on the company website :( I don't want to get into trouble... but a regular stay on a quiet time of the week/year would be fab.

Anyhow we need keys as we have an unexpected 2 night booking for tonight and tomorrow.

This is fab because after all of my summer spends through one thing or another our savings are looking quite low..... my OT has stopped (through choice) but I've not worked any weekends for a while (through need)

My OH has £250 for hols, which is a bit of a miracle , and I would like to take similar... but at least I can access more. The uni weekend has just cost us double what I wanted to spend :eek::eek: but I got my lifetime boots :) for £108 after £27 discount just because I asked and she doubled it... DD2 was miffed as she only got 10% and she was the student.....did go to @pple and then buy her overpriced charger and ethernet adaptor for ease

My new window blinds to the bay are up now. I will see what the October money situation is like before ordering one more set for rear sitting/dining window. They are so nice and bright and add such a change to our room.

So lodger.... being a dope.... owed us weeks rent therefore 2 weeks was due last Friday. Left us £30 short on Sunday night as he didn't want to leave it where I told him to. More like he was rotten drunk and spent it!!!! the problem being is we are off again on rent day therefore will likely meet the same problem again.

I'm owed a return of £60 from a company that couldn't complete my order for a month now. My dispute with them / paypal say 3rd October for them to act or something. and I unlikely to see return of £108 for DD1 so she might as well have it...

October will bring me back from holiday, being paid, car loan final payment definitely gone, rejoin SW as not doing it on my own and my rota fits :) only 2 people to feed :( I should be able to do a sensible budget with less outgoings all around :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback