Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread

Options

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Found some today in Chelmsford
  • mymerrywidow
    mymerrywidow Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tonnes of toothpaste in the big sainsburys eastbourne

edit, mine was 100ml and was a managers special from £1 to 25p. so its different from the orignal posters.
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
  • umme_sue
    umme_sue Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    I got this in sainsburys today it was 70% off at £3.60

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...nav=4294967025

comes in a nice hat type box so could make a nice gift,they also had this for the same price

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...nav=4294967025

They also had union jack picnic rug £4.50 and family cool bag £4.00 1/2 price in store ,sorry cant find them online
  • anj67
    anj67 Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought several tubes of the retro toothpaste on Gosforth High Street Sainsburys in Newcastle and there were loads of them there too! :j Also got a bag of frozen scampi on special offer for £1.25 (was £5). There were jars of chargrilled mushrooms in olive oil in the Taste the Difference range for 50p each (use by November 2012). It didn't say they were reduced but I guess they are worth more than this? Does anyone know how best to use these? Would they go well in salads, pasta and risotto?
  • lisa535
    lisa535 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    managed to get 10 tubes colgate yesterday and went in today and they had restocked shelf so got another 10. lots left.
    will use 10 tubes for filling xmas parcels for Romania and rest for family. does this have use by date as cant find on the tubes, assume its ok as long asits not opened.
  • spike2012
    spike2012 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    lisa535 wrote: »
    managed to get 10 tubes colgate yesterday and went in today and they had restocked shelf so got another 10. lots left.
    will use 10 tubes for filling xmas parcels for Romania and rest for family. does this have use by date as cant find on the tubes, assume its ok as long asits not opened.

Its more than likely a case of use once opened (sometimes shown with a jar with an opened lid and a number next to it) shampoo being 24 and toothpaste probably 12 (months)

otherwise it may be stamped on the seal crimp on the tube?
    Baby daughter born 13.2.10 :j 6lb 11.5oz
  • lisa535
    lisa535 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    There is loads still about in norwich longwater -costessey and pound lane thorpe. just got some for a friend. told another customer about it when i was there, she wasnt very keen to get it to start with. she thougt it wasnt proper toothpaste as the packet says 'cavity dental cream'! i explained about the old style packet and it is their current formula she ended up getting several for herself and her daughters family.
  • zaleska3
    zaleska3 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Well hubby back from Mr S with 10 toothpastes and the pizza meal deal :j
    Looking for a fresh start
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    Hello friends
    I am just back with a great bargain- I may have missed someone posting it.A heavy shackle bike lock, £19.99 to £3.99.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone know if there's any of the toothpaste in Manchester stores? Thank you.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback