IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pcm county court claims , Gladstone's solicitors

Options
Please any good advice.

I received a county court claims from Gladstone's solicitors acting on behalf of parking control management.
The 2 PNC date back last year July and this year March and by my recollection I can't remember any PCN on my car or any letter from parking control management.

The first letter I ever received was today from county court claims. I have responded to the court to give me more time to prepare my defence statement.

I live on clarion housing association block with a parking permit, is so hard to find a parking space when my wife pick up the kids from school (three kids under 7), so sometimes she park in the yellow box infront of the block , most of the Resident park in the yellow box sometimes aswell because of limit parking spaces, my wife think PNC got issues for parking in yellow box infront of the housing block . There are about 50 flats only 14 parking spaces between us all.
Is so stressful sometimes my wife have to park 500 yards away and walk back home with the kids in the dark .
also my tenancy agreement says ,

we can use common land for whatever we what to, more importantly,
it does not say I will be charged £100 for parking my car on site,

Do you think I have chance fighting this claims.?
Please any advice would be great cuz I am thinking too much and it worries me.

Sorry about my English.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?

You say "I have responded to the court to give me more time to prepare my defence statement".

Does that mean you have filed an Acknowledgement of Service?
    If so, when?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you think I have chance fighting this claims.?
    Yes, we see almost everyone here win!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Cashville
    Options
    The issue date on the claim form is on the 5th November 2018 and I send Acknowledgement yesterday the 10th of November 2018.

Please any advice I can put in my statement .
  • Cashville
    Options
    Please I welcome any advice, how to set up my defence statement. Any little happy will do.
  • Cashville
    Options
    @keithp are you there ?

Any ideas or advice please
  • Cashville
    Options
    @ Coupon-mad

Any help please?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    This is a self help forum

Use the resources in the newbies FAQ thread

#2 advises on Court claims right through from the lbcca to the hearing

Put up your draft defence here for comments before sending it
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cashville wrote: »
    The issue date on the claim form is on the 5th November 2018 and I send Acknowledgement yesterday the 10th of November 2018.
    With a Claim Issue Date of 5th November, and having done the AoS in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 10th December 2018 to file your Defence.

Just about a month away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as described here:

1) Print your Defence.
    2) Sign it and date it.
    3) Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4) Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    5) Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    7) Wait for your Directions Questionnaire and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • Cashville
    Options
    Thanks I am doing my defence statement and I will post it here when am done
  • Cashville
    Options
    Thanks I will do that...I am doing the statement
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income