IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye North Tyneside General Hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Beardyman
    Options
    Never! :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beardyman wrote: »
    Hi all

Good news, following my e mail to the hospital, they have cancelled the parking charge and no further action will be taken. I can suggest that if any one else has similar issues with Parking Eye at hospitals to contact the facilities manager at the hospital and complain directly citing distress and unacceptable behavior/charges. Hopefully you can get it nipped in the bud before having to go down the whole appeal route.

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice, and to everyone else - keep fighting the good fight!

That's great to read - well done for an effective complaint! :T

I am going to post your success as a link on this sticky for posterity and to help others see how to get a Hospital fake PCN cancelled!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • dean123456
    Options
    Beardyman, can you pass on the Facilities Managers email address please, I'm having the same issue with Wansbeck hospital.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone up for an FOI request to Northumbria NHS trust regarding the contracts with parking eye, and any kickbacks?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Beardyman
    Options
    dean123456 wrote: »
    Beardyman, can you pass on the Facilities Managers email address please, I'm having the same issue with Wansbeck hospital.

Hi Dean, I got the e mail address from this website where someone had a similar issue:

patientopinion.org.uk/opinions/108608

(Can't post full link as I'm a new user, just put www. in front of the link)

I'm not sure if this is only for the facilities manager at North Tyneside Hospital but maybe it can put you in the right direction.
  • Beardyman
    Options
    Thanks coupon mad, that's great - let's get the cowboys out of the hospitals and everywhere else!
  • Paulf1234
    Options
    Hey guys

Iv also received a parking eye notice at north tyneside hospital. I came to pick my grandad up from the hospital and went into the hospital and he wasn't ready to leave yet, I came back to my car within the free 20 mins that is allowed and waited in my car. I wasn't even waiting in a parking space at this point. My mam brought my grandad out about 30 mins later and we left. Is it worth ringing the hospital to quiery this the same as beardyman did? I didn't think I would have to purchase a ticket for simply waiting in the car? Thanks
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Please start your own new thread.

Please read the NEWBIES sticky thread before doing so.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Paulf1234 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Iv also received a parking eye notice at north tyneside hospital. I came to pick my grandad up from the hospital and went into the hospital and he wasn't ready to leave yet, I came back to my car within the free 20 mins that is allowed and waited in my car. I wasn't even waiting in a parking space at this point. My mam brought my grandad out about 30 mins later and we left. Is it worth ringing the hospital to quiery this the same as beardyman did? I didn't think I would have to purchase a ticket for simply waiting in the car? Thanks

This is not something you 'query' this is something you complain about (and appeal as per the top sticky 'NEWBIES' thread) all covered there.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And as this is Northumbria nhs you should post on the patientopinions site mentioned earlier and contact Annie laverty or Jo macintosh, both of who's email addresses you'll find by following coupon mads advice above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure