IVA- will PPI Credit check throw up mobile device credit agreement?

Options
Hi,

Please could anyone tell me if having a mobile phone with £270 credit left on the contract to go breach my iva at the last leg?

The problem I’ve got is I’m nearing end of IVA. PPI company is sniffing around to claim PPI back on behalf of the insolvency firm and I think these companies do credit checks. My mobile contract can be seen on there. I know I must comply with PPI claims but I dinner want to fail now!

Are they obliged to tell my IP if they find current credit on my file or will they just be interested in the PPI and say nothing?

If I managed to pay this off by cutting back on other things in the next month or so before competing my iva would any breach be seen as a warning if the credit is no longer outstanding. I’ve never missed a payment into my iva.

I’m really worried now. It seems the last few months are worse than starting the iva.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,883 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

You are seriously overthinking this, no one will tell anyone, anything.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    Unless there is a modification stating otherwise I think most IVAs have the term that you are able to have credit up to £500. Credit over £500 is allowed at the IPs discretion (e.g credit card for work expenses which work pay back each month is an instance I know of that was allowed).

Are you behind by £270 or are you saying that the contract still have x months left at £x per month which totals £270? An IP is unlikely to care about an ongoing contract that is up to date. If they do happen to find out that you are behind with your mobile contract they will want to know you have a repayment plan in place. It is highly unlikely an IP would fail an IVA purely on the basis that you had a mobile phone contract, even if you are behind by £270.
  • ABW
    ABW Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi

Thank you so much for your replies.

Sorry I think I’m just worrying that I’m so close to the end that what could go wrong?

With regards to my contracts, all up to date so no arrears, affordable monthly payments and all running smoothly with my original provider before I went into my iva so I don’t think they had ever credit checked me either.

It’s below £500 and not interfering with iva payments.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,883 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ABW wrote: »
    Hi

Thank you so much for your replies.

Sorry I think I’m just worrying that I’m so close to the end that what could go wrong?

With regards to my contracts, all up to date so no arrears, affordable monthly payments and all running smoothly with my original provider before I went into my iva so I don’t think they had ever credit checked me either.

It’s below £500 and not interfering with iva payments.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

It’s just a part of your normal monthly expenses so perfectly ok.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure