IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :(

Options

Comments

• Gazbaz77
    Gazbaz77 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    next question, do you have a smartphone?
    Do you know who owns the retail park?

Yes and yes.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gazbaz77 wrote: »
    Yes and yes.

Does the smartphone (or the car) have GPS tracking that can show the car left the site and returned, or was elsewhere for even part of the time?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Gazbaz77
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Does the smartphone (or the car) have GPS tracking that can show the car left the site and returned, or was elsewhere for even part of the time?

I'm not sure. I've just upgraded my phone not sure if it was just before the date in question or just after. I'll look into it.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The car park owner will be jointly and severely liable for the actions of his/her/its agents, the parking company, have you made contact with the landowner yet? or was it just the tesco drone?

as for maps, if you have google maps, and/or an android phone try here https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb you will need to log into your google account, next select the day in question, you will get a blue line trace.
    next in the bottom right theres a gear icon, click on it and select show raw data, you will find loads of red spots in your blue location line, click on a red spot and it should be time stamped, ie you were at locaiton X 9 or thereabouts ) at such and such a time

Before you contact the landowner, post on here what you are thinking of sending
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh ..... and just in case I have missed it ..

its called 'double dipping'

do a forum search and you will see thousands of case .....

please note ... I have been known to exaggerate slightly ;)

Ralph:cool:
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    @post #14 ... so the driver has updated their phone and is not sure whether the event was before or after the update? ;)

If the before and after phones are both Android they'll be linked to a Google account ... check the Google location history. :)
  • Gazbaz77
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    The car park owner will be jointly and severely liable for the actions of his/her/its agents, the parking company, have you made contact with the landowner yet? or was it just the tesco drone?

as for maps, if you have google maps, and/or an android phone try here https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb you will need to log into your google account, next select the day in question, you will get a blue line trace.
    next in the bottom right theres a gear icon, click on it and select show raw data, you will find loads of red spots in your blue location line, click on a red spot and it should be time stamped, ie you were at locaiton X 9 or thereabouts ) at such and such a time

Before you contact the landowner, post on here what you are thinking of sending
    I've spoken to the car park manager over the phone. He said he cant do anything and I need to appeal. as he can't appeal for me..

Tried going through that link, and it's trying to send something to my phone to verify me or something. But nothing came through. Probably sent it to my old phone..
  • Gazbaz77
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    @post #14 ... so the driver has updated their phone and is not sure whether the event was before or after the update? ;)

If the before and after phones are both Android they'll be linked to a Google account ... check the Google location history. :)

Went from Iphone to android. With a different sim. Tried checking but its tryiong to verify me through my device. Not received anythinng so probably going to old sim..
  • Gazbaz77
    Options
    But I have google maps on my new phone and im logged in. just need to figure out how to see where I've been. :) ahh but it's not turned on.... oh well
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Noone said to do this over the phone

TELL them to cancel it in person.

State the vehicle was there twice, and youre furious that a company is harassing you while shoipping there.
    Return items if needed, and point out you will not shop there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure