IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Chases by debt recovery two years after purported offence

Options

Comments

• Giant_Hogweed
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You can forget it and take it easy and get on with your life.

DRP are a somewhat desperate organisation because they know that everyone says to ignore them. It must have been said 1000 times on here and all the other forums.

All the guys above are very well versed and you should take comfort in knowing that what they say is fact.

I agree with you .... how did they trace you

All DRP can do is pass it back to the PPC, no door knocking, they cannot take you to court infact, they are simply wasting their time.
    You have now read about A.M.Parking so you can see what they are all about.

You will probably get more letters from DRP, who make such ridiculous threats it is laughable. DRP = IGNORE
    MA61 wrote: »
    I want to say a big thank you to all the people who took the time to read my posts and post helpful replies. It really is very much appreciated at a very busy and difficult time.

THANKS!

You are in the same boat I was when the debt collectors got involved. Not knowing the law had me losing sleep over it. Stressed out I was!

Advice like that above from BeamerGuy along with a number of others plus a bit of research and I soon chilled back to normal.
    Sent the right letters to these parasites and it's all gone quiet. Not over by a long way (the six year cut off is still a long way in the future) but I'm no longer worried.

keep up the great work people:T
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    This is disgusting, they are not empowered to make such statements.

Please then let us know who this debt collector is as they need to be reported to the DVLA
    I hate to pour cold water on coals here, but considering that the DVLA makes £2.50 per access request, are they really going to give a rat's behind about a debt collector making such statements?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 August 2016 at 3:18PM
    Options
    One other point MA61, after a few DRP letters you are likely to start receiving greater threats from Zenith debt collectors. Zenith are the same company as DRP, different name, different desk, same address, same outfit - same action on your part - ignore.

If and when you get a Zenith letter, check their details in light grey print where it will reveal their DRP genesis.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 21 August 2016 at 1:07PM
    Options
    agreed , IGNORE drp or zenith or P.C.S. (alll the same company)

debt collectors can and do trace people , plus they are members of the trrade bodies so can use the DVLA database too, never mind other public records etc

what they cannot do is take you to court , so they send out nasty letters full of half truths and innuendo , all smoke and mirrors designed to deceive

please read this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

the PPC has 6 years to try an MCOL, so come back if you receive an LBC or an MCOL
  • MA61
    MA61 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks I did go on to read that thread again and also the one about LBCC (if I got my acronyms correct).

As I may have explained my dad passed away earlier this year and have been looking after my mum. I have been staying with her in another part of the country, and recently this has been the longest unbroken period of nearly a month. As it's my birthday today I've come home at the weekend to have a few beers with friends and discovered a letter from Gladstones solicitors threatening court and giving me 14 days to reply. The 14 days had already passed last week.

Having read what I can including not dropping the ball at this stage, I'm now very anxious about it all again. Presumably this has happened to other people, gone away for a three week holiday or something, is all lost now because I stayed with my mum and didn't see this post until now?

I have been reading on here about responding to Gladstones but didn't see anything specific about missing the window. Apologies as ever if I have missed it.

As ever I'm incredibly grateful for your advice
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There isn't really a window of opportunity because Gladstones will be shaping up to issue a claim anyway so you are best being used to the idea! Got to be honest with you. Loads of people reply a little late. Reply ANYWAY as it looks more reasonable later, to a Judge.

So here's a thread like yours:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5521414

Get a letter in the post tomorrow 1st class, with a FREE (not Recorded Delivery) certificate of posting from the Post Office Counter. Keep a copy with the proof of responding but do start readin court defence threads. We will help you and even if you lose at a hearing then you would pay LESS than is being demanded now if it's over £200 for a £100 'PCN'... a small claim lost is typically £175ish only and no CCJ, as long as you do not ignore the papers/miss a deadline.

This is not the end of the World and will not affect your credit rating.

Happy Birthday, go out & enjoy yourself. They are not worth getting upset about.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MA61
    Options
    Hi all

Using the helpful responses here, I replied to the letter back in September, then received another in December. I replied to that using the information / examples in the thread by a retired solicitor, as as far as I could tell by looking at the regs it was again not a compliant LBCC.

On both occasions my letter was ignored and now in January I have received court papers. I up for going to court, but I have lost a lot of time due to the fact that I am away from my home for long periods looking after my mum and only got the letter at the weekend, so have till Thursday to respond.

Although I am not an expert on these things, I think I might have a good case as I have never been sent any evidence of why I purportedly owe them money and also have written letters and received no replies.

I do not expect to be spoon fed but as ever would be grateful for any thoughts please, thank you.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    Options
    You must acknowledge the service of the court papers as a matter of urgency. This will give you a further 14 days to prepare your initial defence over and above the 14 days provided as standard. In total it is 33 days (includes 5 days for service) from the date of issue on the court papers.

Confirm you will defend in full, and you won't be contesting jurisdiction. Make sure you put NOTHING in the defence box - that comes later.

Even though the court paperwork emanates from Northampton County Court, the case will be heard at your local court.

I'm not the court expert here, so won't be able to deal with many more of the technical/legal points that will inevitably arise as you go through this.

Make a note of the password on the document as that's important in the future.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • MA61
    Options
    Thank you very much I do appreciate it. Got some reading to do on the train tomorrow in preparation but your post really did help, particularly around the additional 14 days.

All the best
  • MA61
    Options
    Hello everyone

This is still rumbling on, I filed the AOS and then a Defence Statement which I cobbled together hurriedly based upon one of the model ones on here for Gladstone's.

MCOL now says I have been sent a DQ. I may have explained that I spend most of the time staying at my mum's since my dad passed and still have my place where all my post goes - this means I haven't actually got it in my hand yet.

Can anyone tell me how long I have to respond to the DQ, and any pointers on completing it and preparing my defence please? I don't mean to be high maintenance but I've done a good job of winging it so far and want to get it right now! Thanks as ever for your time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure