FREE LISTING email alerts - no chat

Options

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    apologies for bumping this thread un necessarily

Can people please not use this thread for discussions as it emails out to everyone at every single post. Please just add to this thread once when anyone gets notified of a Free listing event.

Please put all questions, queries and general discussions about free listing days on a seperate thread.

Thank you
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • purple321
    Options
    It's not actually the usual terms, it says by invitation by email only this time. Hope I get one! I won't be happy if I can't do the normal fortnightly flw on top of the fvf increases!
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    purple321 wrote: »
    It's not actually the usual terms, it says by invitation by email only this time. Hope I get one! I won't be happy if I can't do the normal fortnightly flw on top of the fvf increases!

Still waiting for my email but have they changed the terms again?

The link now says

'Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you've completed fewer than 10 transactions as a seller, this information will not appear in My eBay but you'll receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out more about eBay's seller performance standards.'
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    This is the part of the terms which mention a specific email:-

Who: eBay.co.uk registered private sellers who have been invited to participate by email. Participation is linked to the invited seller's account and is not transferable. To take part in this promotion, sellers must be registered as resident in the UK.
  • julie777
    Options
    The normal invites (notifications) have usually arrived early Saturday morning so I guess we will all know the truth by tomorrow! I'm setting up some listings anyway and if there aren't free listings for all this weekend I can always change the start date.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    now up as a General Announcement

Between 7-8 September 2013, private sellers who list up to 100 auction-style listing(s) at a starting price of £1.00 or more in an eligible category on eBay.co.uk, will not pay an insertion fee*. Additional listing fees still apply e.g. for adding subtitles. To be eligible for this promotion, you need to:
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    now up as a General Announcement

Between 7-8 September 2013, private sellers who list up to 100 auction-style listing(s) at a starting price of £1.00 or more in an eligible category on eBay.co.uk, will not pay an insertion fee*. Additional listing fees still apply e.g. for adding subtitles. To be eligible for this promotion, you need to:

You missed the last two lines

'For inspiration on what to sell, check out our eBay House.

*Terms and conditions apply.

Regards,

The eBay Team'

The '*Terms and conditions' link refers to 'invitation by email only' as above so it looks like we will all have to wait until tomorrow morning.
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    You missed the last two lines

'For inspiration on what to sell, check out our eBay House.

*Terms and conditions apply.

Regards,

The eBay Team'

The '*Terms and conditions' link refers to 'invitation by email only' as above so it looks like we will all have to wait until tomorrow morning.

I didn't get an invite - yet all my private accounts have free listing today.

Looks like the invite part may be an error - log in and check your accounts!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback