Gas Boiler problem

Options
I have been quoted £650 for the replacement and fitting of a heat exchanger on my 3 year old boiler and told it is uneconomic to repair. Somebody advised me that the boiler should last much longer than this and I can say its not fit for purpose? I didn't take out any insurance or repair plan on it as didn't expect any problems with it due to its age.. Please can somebody advise.

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been quoted £650 for the replacement and fitting of a heat exchanger on my 3 year old boiler and told it is uneconomic to repair. Somebody advised me that the boiler should last much longer than this and I can say its not fit for purpose? I didn't take out any insurance or repair plan on it as didn't expect any problems with it due to its age.. Please can somebody advise.

Check the paperwork that came with your boiler - my new boiler has a 5 year guarantee (obviously with conditions) but it could be a part that should last longer.
  • Alfrescodave
    Options
    Might be a good idea to get a few more quotes to see if that is the problem and if so is it a reasonable price.

Use local firms and not the big guys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport