Help - How do I find out what an unknown CCJ is for?

Options
Hi there! I'm a new user and this is my first post... hoping there are people out there that can give me some advice as I'm lost!!

When my partner and I applied for a mortgage, we were horrified to learn that he had a CCJ against his name dating back to 2011. He had no idea of it, and has never seen the paperwork.

We managed to get a mortgage but are now paying a higher rate until we renew our mortgage in August 2020. I want to get this sorted by then in the hope we can then get a better rate. We have worked hard to clear all other debts and this is the last thing ruining our credit files!

So... my question is...

How on earth does he go about getting a copy of the old CCJ? I emailed a generic address I found online but had no response. Until we know what is it for, who it is from etc. we won't know how to proceed with getting is set aside or paying in full etc.

Look forward to hearing from some people who might be able to help!!

Thanks!! :):)

Comments

• welly_59
    welly_59 Posts: 315 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Therefore report would have had the case reference number. You could have emailed that to the ccbc along with using details and they would have provided you case details.

At this point though it's over 7 years old, will no longer be in file, and the original final creditor will need to reapply to be able to enforce it
  • Hi,

I emailed the CCBC but haven’t had a response...

It’s still showing on his file as was from 2015... have updated original post, typo sorry.
  • welly_59
    welly_59 Posts: 315 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long ago did you email them? They can take a few weeks to respond.

Just need to provide case number, name, address.

The address served on the ccj would be showing on the credit report entry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport