Cancelled NowTV got a bargain

Options
As there was not much on TV that I wanted to watch over xmas I bought a NowTV entertainment pass for £7.99.
In MSE style I went to cancel today so it didnt auto-renew.
And their system automatically offerred me 3 months of entertainment for £3.20 per month - Bargain.

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They tend to vary their offers - I got 4 months half price. You tend to find the offers eventually stop being offered, in which case cancel it altogether for a few months, then wait for an email offering a deal, or sign up for another month then repeat the deal. Also works with movie pass - currently got half price for 3 months on that. Not tried it on sports. You can also source passes from ebay etc.
  • venomx
    venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They do offers on most packages.
    I remember getting the £33.99 sports for £20 per month every time i tried to cancel.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Normally around "Black Friday" NowTV will come up with their £99 a year special which is typically Movies and Entertainment for a year. £8.25 a month for both.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    For me, NOWTV is cheap TV (no high definition and additionally requires a broadband connection ), not cheaper TV. ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For me, NOWTV is cheap TV (no high definition and additionally requires a broadband connection ), not cheaper TV. ;)
    Technically, 720p is HD and a surprising number of people cannot distinguish between SD and HD (I don't know what they will make of 4K and 8K). Also, most people have a broadband connection nowadays. A great advantage of Now TV is that you can choose only the channels that you want rather than having to buy some bundle that includes the entertainment channels. I am happy with my cheap Sports and Cinema for £21.20 pm!
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Depends on your device: Xbox One with the NowTV app viewed on a HDR TV provides 2160p. If you can work out how to get Internet TV without a broadband connection let me know lol
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    There are loads of offers for now TV.

Check hotukdeals so you don't pay to much next time
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    If you can work out how to get Internet TV without a broadband connection let me know lol
    Yeah..lol
    My point is that it's only "cheap" because the subscription price takes no account of the cost of a Broadband connection. A Freesat or Freeview connection has far less available channels, but does not rely on BB for even the most basic subscription as NowTV does.

As I said, cheap TV, not cheaper TV.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I've never paid full price for Now TV. The vouchers that came with the cheap boxes used to be good value. On cancelling, I got 3 months @ £2.64, then 4 months @ £3.49.

Argos and Curry's sell a 2 month Ents pass for £10.00

I'm currently on six months of Sky cinema for £4 a month, although I'm not sure its worth it tbh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure