Is my credit improving

Options
Hi everyone , my credit file rating has dropped and raisn into poor frrom very poor , its been dropping for maybe 6 months out of 8 in total where 2 of those in the middle it jumped 70 points the dropped all those plus another 46.

Now i know you you credit score means nothing on the grand scheme's of things but it feels good to see it improving then take a drop , i see nothing on my files from a few sources that haven't been for the last 5 plus year when i got my act together.

Anyway long story short , 2 years ago i got a car loan it was a bad credit finance but at the time i couldn't of got 1p chew on credit as i had 6 bad credit where no i have 2 to expire within this next year so quite old.

Fast forward febuary 2018 , i decided to try for a credit card as when i change my car i want a better rate as payment have been good and on time. Anyway i applied for an opus credit card and to my surprise i got £300 now a friend that had applied and a better rating than me had for £600 to start. Fast foward until today i'd had my 4th rise and from £300 too £3500 (my friend only has 1 upgrade to £900 so fa)r .I've also got a mobile phone on a monthly plan which i could never get a monthly sim on its own . I've also got 2 small account cards from vanquis and captial one that i may spend and payback when bill come is about £20 each per month.

Any everything is being paid on time and i use the opus alot maybe £3-500 a month as i would use it and keep my money in the bank and pay the full balance 1 day after the statement .

So why does your score jump around so much when your doing better than you ever done in your life and actually take care and pride on your finances now and only thinking in the fututre for maybe a morgage and a nicer car .

Sorry about the long post but its confusing for me to be doing great and everything a green tick yet these credit agenties mess around with the scores.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    zorro83 wrote: »
    So why does your score jump around so much when your doing better than you ever done in your life and actually take care and pride on your finances now and only thinking in the fututre for maybe a morgage and a nicer car .

It's because changes in the numbers keep website traffic up for the CRAs. Customers like numbers, especially ones that constantly change.

Continue to ignore it and carry on managing your credit responsibly.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    From your post it sounds like your credit is improving.

You seem to have more credit than before.

Keep making the payments on time and it will improve further.

When it gets to 999 you can crack open a beer or 2 !
  • jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The scores jump about all the time. Any change seems to make them go down, a new line if credit, a limit increase, a closed account, a paid off loan etc. Don't get hung up on the score, just keep doing what you're doing. As evidenced in your case your credit worthiness is improving despite the made up score.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure