Ppi mortgage with same company

Options
Hi we have the a/c no. for our mortgage with chelsea ftom 1981.
Previous to this , also had mortgage with chelsea on old address from 1972 -1981. But no a/c no. located.
So when making claim directly, with the a/c no. i do have, should i mention about previous address or make a separare claim for the 1972 mortgage?

Also if u give a/c nos, will firms only check that no. or will they also try to locate other a/c's . If so will they only go back 6 years, for a/c's u dont have details for?
Thank you.

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You did not have PPI in 1972.
  • mitzy12
    mitzy12 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks.
    Can someone pls also answer my other queries in iriginal post.
    Thanks again
  • mitzy12
    Options
    so ppi cant have been added at any time upto end of mortgage in 1981 after taking it out in 1972?
    They cant gave given us that opputunity at a later date, maybe when ppi 1st surfaced?
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    Even if you have your account numbers, it is unlikely that any files will exist after such a long period of time. This of course depends on their retention periods. Many lenders will only keep mortgage files for a period of ten or twelve years following closure. You will need to provide evidence that you had a policy along with a valid reason for complaint.
    If a document or file is not available, then it cannot be checked.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MPPI wasnt offered in the 70s. It started in the 80s and became more commonplace in the late 80s but wasnt really missold until the early 90s.

Building societies didnt retail their own insurance products until the Building Societies act 1986 allowed them to do. Prior to that, they tended to either tell you to use a local broker or they had their own brokerages which were a perk of the branch manager. The latter was actually quite common. In either case, the building society itself has no liability for those sales as they were not regulated until January 2005 and they had long ended before that.
  • mitzy12
    Options
    Hi, isit better to fill out online form or ring directly to check .
    I got ref from chelsea bs as they said they can see from 1998 there was no ppi, but from 1981 - 1998 they need to investigate further thru some check. Gave me ref no. Said complaint has started. Is this right?
    Or should i fill the proper corm online?
    They only asked name and address on phone and i gave the a/c no. myself.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Said complaint has started. Is this right?

if that is what they have told you then yes it is.
    Or should i fill the proper corm online?
    no need to duplicate
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mitzy12 wrote: »
    Said complaint has started. Is this right?

Yes, it's right, but you should fully expect a swift rejection based on you not having had PPI in 1972 or at any time since on your old mortgage which ceased thirty eight years ago

Or;
    They may just say they have no records at all going back forty seven years...:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure