Natwest PPI - No Credit Agreement

Options
medievil2003
medievil2003 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 21 August 2019 at 3:29PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Good afternoon all,

I took out a loan in 2008 which was paid off 5 years after, i put in a claim for PPI last year with them responding to say there's no PPI and the case is closed. I've brought this file back on the table because i remember it saying i had 2 loan accounts with them which made no sense at all because there was only 1.

In Jan 2019 I sent Natwest a Subject Access Request letter, waited the 40 days and more and got no answer at all, i then chased this up again in March and was told i need to submit another SAR which i did. I waited the time frame again with no reply until i chased it, I got documents come through which held no real relevance to what i asked for, it was some random months of bank statements for that loan account.

I then submitted another SAR in May with the help from the complaints team as they sent me out their own SAR form that i swiftly filled in. Posted and confirmed they received, it was then assigned to a case handler in the head office. Waiting as per usual, i hear nothing from them and get no documents sent out.

I have a direct number for the person in charge of my file and every time i ring it, the NatWest team say he's not there at the moment and will ensure he calls me back, 3 weeks go on like this with me constant chasing and hearing nothing. I'm shocked.

A random letter came through the post from Natwest saying that they cannot find anything in regards to a loan account mentioned, impossible as the bank statements i got from them showed the correct account number and sort code as what I'm requesting.

Being confused to why they're not sending me out the information that I've asked for, I call up the normal loans customer service team to enquire about how they originally came to the conclusion that i had no PPI if they hold no documents on that account (i.e. credit agreements etc), she confidently responded by saying that the PPI team do a simple credit search and came to the conclusion you had no PPI that way. Surely that cannot be a good enough answer especially if they have no credit agreement on file.

Where do I stand now? I need to get a claim in before the deadline and I feel Natwest are delaying this for that reason.

What're your thoughts on all of this? P.S. I hope I've explained it well enough for you to understand. :S

Thank you very much.

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Being confused to why they're not sending me out the information that I've asked for,

If they dont have it then they cant send it.
    I got documents come through which held no real relevance to what i asked for, it was some random months of bank statements for that loan account.

A SAR is not about asking for specific documents. It is a blanket request for any personalised documents and information they hold on you. You cannot ask for a specific document with a SAR.
    she confidently responded by saying that the PPI team do a simple credit search and came to the conclusion you had no PPI that way. Surely that cannot be a good enough answer especially if they have no credit agreement on file.

If they have nothing that suggests you had PPI then they will say they have no evidence you had PPI.
    I need to get a claim in before the deadline and I feel Natwest are delaying this for that reason.

That is just silly talk. They are not doing that.

If the loan was taken out in 2008 and repaid then its not unreasonable for them to no longer have the agreement. Once the loan is repaid, the agreement ends. It no longer serves any purpose. They are not allowed under law to retain data that no longer has any purpose. So, destruction would occur relatively quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure