Credit file query

Options
Hi I’m hoping someone will be able to answer my question. If the bank I had a loan with charged off the debt, ie sold it to a debt collection company, would this show up on my credit file? Would it still show as a current loan?

I’m asking this question because I’m confused. I had a loan with TSB but lost my job due to illness, and long story short, they agreed to suspend payments until I was back at work. I recently checked the balance online and it shows a 0 balance, with c.off next to it. I checked my credit report yesterday and there is no mention of me owing this money, no mention of the loan even though there was still over £23,000 left to pay back. This charge is dated 28th November so why isn’t it showing up on the report?

My report is only showing for 1 month, I don’t know how to get one further back than that.

Thanks in advance
Mags

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maggie63 wrote: »
    Hi I’m hoping someone will be able to answer my question. If the bank I had a loan with charged off the debt, ie sold it to a debt collection company, would this show up on my credit file? Would it still show as a current loan?

I’m asking this question because I’m confused. I had a loan with TSB but lost my job due to illness, and long story short, they agreed to suspend payments until I was back at work. I recently checked the balance online and it shows a 0 balance, with c.off next to it. I checked my credit report yesterday and there is no mention of me owing this money, no mention of the loan even though there was still over £23,000 left to pay back. This charge is dated 28th November so why isn’t it showing up on the report?

My report is only showing for 1 month, I don’t know how to get one further back than that.

Thanks in advance
    Mags

Why not ask TSB ?

Why not speak to the credit reference agencies ?

On which report did you check ?

Theres more than reference agency in the UK.
  • torrence
    torrence Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Isn't finding out from TSB why the balance shows 0 the first thing to do? The status of the debt with TSB and what happens next with TSB may determine what's on your credit file in future. What may be on your file right now doesn't seem the most urgent thing to address first.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Duplicate thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6091839

OP please stick to one thread rather than spamming the forums with the same topic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure