Options

Comments

• black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bigzippy wrote: »
    *waves tiredly* Wedding prep is knackering!! :o

And not being able to cope with the pain of a bra is becoming a real issue in the attempts to get wedding day underwear :( Had a bit of a sulk about it before too :o

On the up side, t'other B2B found THE dress today...and got it for a song as they took pity on her seamstress-ruined-dress sob story. :)

I was gonna respond to you all, but frankly I'm too knackered.
    Unity hope you have a great holiday
    :wave: to t'others ;)
    i found too the sports bar's are good for me from asda/tesco/primark as no padding or wires ..the only sort i can wear now. very glad other B2B has got her dress poor thing has had a terrible time
    kass the way this summer is going sept is going ot be the nice weather just right for the sea side :) wont do the kids any harm to miss 2 days, othe rpeople take them for 1 or 2 weeks in term time sure.

unity have a safe journey too.

bz bras are the most uncomfortable things i agree, i actuall found my most comfy ones in tescos, basics/value t-shirt bras with no underwire or padding (but obviously plain boring is not what you want for wedding day undies). yay on other b2b getting her dress sorted, that must be a relief for her.

i forgot how sad a movie lassie was, i dont think ive seen any of them since before i left home, now i want the others. if today goes according to plan im off to see the time travellers wife. it was a good book iirc.
    sound a nice holiday , just take them out of school and have a good time
    i want to see the kite runner more, but despite it being released in the uk last couple of weeks its not on at my cinema yet. i shall let ou know if time travellers wife is as good as i expect:)

how do you guys feel about people eating during a movie? its bugs the heck out of me, and ive just realised that friend i am going with was asking if i like maltesers and such like so she can bring sweets with her.......i know its the norm to but and eat pop corn or pick and mix there but the rustly bags and crunching really do bug me, how do i nicely tell my friend that for future reference? its not so bad when its someone not right next to me.....or am i being mean by wanting her to not eat sweets?
    i hate the noise they make..like we don't eat watching tv ? oooo i do mmm :rolleyes:
    yes lots of noise is a pain i once had friend who laughted real, real loud everyone looked , did'nt go again with her. at our picture house your not allowed to bring in your own snacks ..grass on her ? :eek:
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lamewolf yes boring bed nothing interesting under it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:i have a new mattress in the garage ,,been thinking of ages to get and put on the bed , before mice go to live in it ! can you imagine the mattress on the bed and mice pop out in the night argggggggggggg . other mattress has still some wear left in it yet before i change it.
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    i dont eat while watching tv, well if i do it gets turned up and whatever im eating is finger food and poured out of its packaging so nothing rustles. she just phoned to ask if i could pay (i was going to anyway) as she has no money til tomorrow, she better not have bought sweets *g* yeah not allowed to bring your own here either but they dont search bags unless they are clearly containg food and beverages bought elsewhere.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 August 2009 at 2:34PM
    Options
    how do you guys feel about people eating during a movie? its bugs the heck out of me, and ive just realised that friend i am going with was asking if i like maltesers and such like so she can bring sweets with her.......i know its the norm to but and eat pop corn or pick and mix there but the rustly bags and crunching really do bug me, how do i nicely tell my friend that for future reference? its not so bad when its someone not right next to me.....or am i being mean by wanting her to not eat sweets?
    I don't understand why people can't sit and watch a movie without having to stuff their faces at the same time. If we go to the cinema, we never have food or drink, we go to the pub afterwards and have a drink. I don't think you can get the full enjoyment out of the drink/sweets if you're watching a film at the same time. But that's just me, everyone's different. As for bag-rustlers - personally I'd like to shove their bags of sweets somewhere the sun don't shine!:mad::D

Edited to add: At our local Cineworld they sell sort of mini-meals for people to take in - curry type things. Mega-YUK to have to smell that if someone's eating one close by.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    Hi all
    typed a long post last night and then got thrown off t'interweb by a tempramental connection, so sulked.
    Suffice to say we are knackered after walking several miles across Tresco yesterday and the plan for a lazy day today was rather thrown out by walking a mile to a garden for lunch and then back, so I may just retire to bed tomorrow.

Weather is cooler with a touch of damp but still very nice to walk/get out and about in. Off to dinns tonight at a place which does tapas type thingies and lush desserts.

Can't catch up with all of you, so will just send hugs all round.
    Love to all.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    lw what a nightmare to smell, that would annoy me even more than bag rustling, and mobile phone lights being annoying, why can teenagers not leave their dang phones alone while they are in the cinema?
    How is the new bed? all together and ready for a decent nights sleep?

cwta i should think a quiet day tomorrow is an excellent idea...before horse riding on friday :) glad your having a nice time.

I should have brought tissues with me to the cinema, i had sufficiently forgotten the book to know i would likely need them. shall have to reread the book now.

they remade fame, its coming out soon so the trailers said :D
  • suep
    suep Posts: 782 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    I had a bit of an accident this morning and am not feeling too good. I dropped something in the bathroom, went to pick it up, straightened up and hit my head on the cabinet door which was open, I hit it so hard I fell over. It didnt bleed but Ive got a lovely big lump there and it's very sore, within minutes of doing it I started to feel sick and shakey so I laid down on the sofa with a bag of frozen peas on my head doing some deep breathing, it helped calm me down but it still hurts and now Im starting to feel sore all down the right side of my body. Just hope Im ok for tomorrow as I have gd for most of the day.

Also I had a drs app, sorry if this is tmi, but I finished my period this month and 9 days later it started again :eek: this time its much heavier and more painful than normal. The dr thinks it might be the Peri-menopause and has given me some tablets that should stop it, but Im not sure thats a good idea, surely it's better out than in :confused:

Ok sorry YUK, I'll change the subject :o

LW I hope your new bed is lovely and comfy and Im glad the poodles settled in well.

Kass we went on one of those Sun holidays when the kids were younger, I cant remember exactly where it was now, somewhere near Britol, we had a brilliant time, it just went too quick, but then if you go abroad for a week you lose 2 days travelling so only get 5 days away, my dh's self employed so cant take any longer than that away, also we dont like leaving Diamond for longer. Hope you have a lovely time.

cwta have a lazy day tomorrow, hope the weathers still good for you, it's been boiling hot here today but is supposed to rain again tomorrow.

Dd went to the cinema with friends last night to see Coco before Chanel not knowing it's in french with subtitles :eek: they walked out and slipped into another room that was showing something else :rolleyes:
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    Terry Pratchett ( Hogfather)
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    sue yikes, did you mention your bang to the head to the doctor when you saw him? hope you do feel better tomorrow. very sensible of your dd to sneak out and into another one :) hope she enjoyed it.
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    sue You poor love! Please do take it easy for a day or two at least. If you still feel sicky, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you have a concussion.
    Will you promise me to make sure that DH keeps an eye on you tonight please?Lots of hugs.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hiya everyone, i hope your all behaving...

sorry not been on for a while, kinda had a few down self pity days and have just spent all last week in France with my parents, (came back yesterday).

The weather was perfect, we even saw the shooting stars to nights running, just in time for my parents wedding anniversary,

And omg what a surprise to find this morning checking my bank, dla have awarded me, higer mobility and middle carers i can't believe it, i was so chuffed, all they wanted was a report from my gp, no medical needed, i was worried they would say no after all the scarey stuff i have read on here with us fibro sufferers.

my consultant rang me just before i went away to confirm that they cannot rule out ms now :confused: so will see him in a matter of weeks and his partner wants to see me too :confused:.

all in all a bit up and a bit down, but today was a good day, dla wise and getting my lovely perry the pup back from boarding kennels and who is presently on my lap sulking for leaving him for a week.
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure