Ynab

Options
Does anyone have any BAD experiences with the YNAB app and method? (In particular for Android)

So far I've only read good experiences/reviews which is encouraging but also whiffs a little of "too good to be true"
Follow my Budgeting Journey at Life After Debt
Debt Free Roll Of Honour
17/07/2020

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mx_Emmin wrote: »
    Does anyone have any BAD experiences with the YNAB app and method? (In particular for Android)

So far I've only read good experiences/reviews which is encouraging but also whiffs a little of "too good to be true"

Dont use it myself but it does work for some people

I prefer the spreadsheet idea myself, even a handful of accounts for bill and other spends.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    I use YNAB Classic for both desktop and Android. I have only positive experiences of using the software. It helped turn my life around (from a financial perspective). Sorry, but I am unable to think of anything negative...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • caledonian_princess
    Options
    I use YNAB on Android & PC - no problems with either. The only time I've had a problem was when their server was down for a few hours about 18 months ago.Not everyone gets along with it so that free trial is helpful. Some people don't like the idea of paying for a budgeting app either but, like W2L it turned my financial life around, so that £3.33 I put in the YNAB budget every month for my annual sub has paid for itself many times over in terms of interest saved and peace of mind.
    Whatever
  • Mx_Emmin
    Options
    Well it seems like the matter was taken out of my hands, kind of

I created an account on thier website to ask some questions on the forums there about subscription options. Turns out that accidentally activated my free trial (accidental on my part anyway). So I spoke to them and explained I didn't mean to activate it this soon and they've extended my trial by a month.

It's still not ideal as I'm not sure I'll have £80 by 9th November - but I suppose that's what the app is all about. Everyone's always claiming it saves them hundreds of pounds in the first yaer: it has two montsh to find me £80 haha!

(In all fairness, the first thing it did was point out I could pay less off my CC each month and still achieve my goal of paying it off before the end of 2019...)
    Follow my Budgeting Journey at Life After Debt
    Debt Free Roll Of Honour
    17/07/2020

• Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I use YNAB Classic for both desktop and Android. I have only positive experiences of using the software. It helped turn my life around (from a financial perspective). Sorry, but I am unable to think of anything negative...

I'd agree with this too - I'm still on Classic as well, and have found it excellent. Undoubtedly changed my financial life and I wouldn't really say anything negative about it, although as a Mac user I think Classic will stop working with the next version of OSX. That's going to be a headache.

My only criticism really was that the treatment of existing users was fairly shabby when new-YNAB was launched and new-YNAB 'fixed' something that wasn't broken (the Classic method works perfectly for me), so i've not really paid attention to that side of things.
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is YNAB classic still nil cost-could make a return
    And are Apps such as Emma safe to enter existing bank account details
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure