Barclaycard PPI

Options
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help. Several years ago I used a management company to check if I had PPI and all searches came back as unsuccessful. Today I’ve had a letter and cheque through the post from Barclaycard saying previous correspondence had been answered in error and I was due PPI. They say in the letter they have conducted their own reviews of previous claims to check as in a small number of cases the wrong answer was given. They mention in my letter that they have informed the original management company. My question is, as Barclaycard have made this payment based on their own review, do I need to pay a fee to the PPI Management company?

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes......their invoice is in the post
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My question is, as Barclaycard have made this payment based on their own review, do I need to pay a fee to the PPI Management company?

If the CMC closed the case and it was more than 6 months ago then no you do not. You should expect them to come after you for the fee but the contract ceases when the case is closed.

Multiple people have posted along these lines and each case we have told them they should not pay and in each case the CMC has backed down.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342291/Claims-management-regulation-business-bulletin-Aug-2014.pdf
    Page 2- additional client fees. Similar scenario but paragraph 3 states:

If a CMC seeks further fees from clients where the
    contract has concluded, this may be in breach of
    General Rule 1 which requires you to conduct your
    business with honesty and integrity. It may also be
    considered an act of fraud by false representation
    (Section 2, Fraud Act 2006).
  • Lisa12345678
    Options
    Thank you SonOf, I was about to post a similar question to OP and found the post and your reply. Our case was closed over 6 months ago and received the invoice from Charterhouse in todays post!
  • Lansy123
    Options
    Thank you Sonof that’s really helpful information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure