Last chance PPI Claims

Options
i am almost certain that i've never paid for PPI.
i have had lots of credit cards, but i've never knowingly paid for protection of my balance..
i had an interest only mortgage, but i don't think i had protection for that either..
but a chap i know has allowed a search to be done on his behalf, believing he'd had no PPI, and they've come up with the fact that he did..
so i'm looking to do a late check..
the Resolver tool is being recommended, but it requires quite a lot of info, and is worded on the basis of knowing that you Did have PPI.. what's the best way to check if i did with a string of credit providers?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Same as the CMC , scatter gun approach
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 August 2019 at 9:46PM
    Options
    i don't know what you mean, sorry..
    oh, CMC is Claims Management Company?
    would you use Resolver or try to contact them individually?

and is anyone aware of any credit card providers that always/usually included PPI?
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Get a pen and paper, write down every single lender you can remember or have documentation for and send in a complaint to them directly via their own websites by 11.59pm on Thursday 29 August.

At this stage, 3 days away, it’s your only option.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • planteria
    edited 26 August 2019 at 10:31PM
    Options
    i've used Resolver for the two mortgages i had on an apartment.
    they were interest only..
    initially, with HSBC, who i've written to via Resolver,
    and then with Standard Life Bank, who sold their mortgage business to Barclays, who i've written to via Resolver. but there's no 'morgage' option for SLB on Resolver.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Resolver is notoriously glitchy. You are going through a middleman that may or may not send your complaint in time. Go direct.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • societys_child
    Options
    and is anyone aware of any credit card providers that always/usually included PPI?
    If any did, you would have known about it (unless you never read your statements).

If you paid any PPI on a credit card it would have been itemised clearly on the monthly statement(s).
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The mortgages would have had a separate direct debit for any PPI. it would not have been built into the mortgage. Also, if you used a mortgage broker, adviser or estate agent, the lender wouldnt have any liability for complaint made regarding insurances.

On credit cards, you only paid PPI if you had it and you borrowed on the card. If you repay the card each month then no PPI is charged.
  • meanderr
    meanderr Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    I used Resolver today for a PPI claim against Lombard, and got a response a few hours later from Lombard saying my claim has been logged...So at least I have beat the deadline for claiming..I knew all my PPI details acc numbers and dates..So it was easy to fill in the claim form online...Fingers crossed...
  • planteria
    Options
    good luck meanderr..

i'm next to certain that there were no items like that societys child.. i have queried a pound or so in interest on the rare occasion it's cropped up on a credit card:o

i didn't know that PPI would have been a separate DD, alongside a mortgage, SonOf, so i am even more sure that i didn't have PPI with HSBC or SL/Barclays mortgages.

i went with Resolver, and haven't heard anything since initial emails to confirm forms received. but i don't think i'm at risk of missing out on anything.

thank you again for all responses.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    i went with Resolver, and haven't heard anything since initial emails to confirm forms received. but i don't think i'm at risk of missing out on anything.
    Did those initial E-Mails come from the lender or were they just automated acknowledgements from Resolver?

Regardless, as you say, it doesn't sound as if you had any PPI..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure