start-up about to go bust - my options?

Options
2»

Comments

• pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wonder what percentage will confirm as paying customers after free trial.
    I'm sure there's a high percentage have no intention of continuing.
    If you are struggling to deal with the 800 free trials you maybe need to rethink your model. Maybe only have a certain number of free trial places that you can realistically deal with.
    It will do no harm if people have to wait or be referred etc.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jock1 wrote: »
    I’ve been trading for a couple of weeks and have had 800 sign-ups in the last 10 days since putting out the free trial so it’s becining a bit overwhelming. I need help with managing customer contact and the money is required for indemnity insurance and to pay a software developer. I work full-time so this was a side project and still is, so seeing if I can sell or get a bank loan without it affecting the personal side of things for now, as I’m a new to this game.
    so you have only been running for a few weeks, you are in full time employment, but you are unwilling to spend £1 of your personal income on the start up costs of the business?

on what possible basis do you think a lender would offer money to you in that case? The owner wants no risk but wants the lender to take all the risk.... ?
    The only place you'll get that is crowdfunding, or peer to peer, where many investors have no idea at all how to asses risk
  • Mistral001
    Options
    I think the OP has to have confidence in his/her business. If they have confidence in the business then that could mean working 8 hours a day after your day job and at weekends, It could also mean taking all your annual leave now, or even leaving your job. Many start-ups actually make such commitments because they believe in the business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure