PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Seeking opinion about Kier Living Builders

Options
Hi All,
I am planning to buy a new home in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. The builder is Kier Living. There are very few reviews about the builders which are not great. Dose any body have experience with kier's homes quality and services. There is also an annual maintenance fee of £200 for the property , even though the property being a freehold.
Kind Regards
zac

Comments

• diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My brother bought off them, they don't include flooring etc we found. Also i recommend getting a professional snagging company involved as they seem useless at coming back to fix things once got money. The house itself seems decent

Oh and they never got the promised bottle of champagne on completion, personally i think that is a deal breaker :rotfl:
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    zacjohn wrote: »
    There is also an annual maintenance fee of £200 for the property , even though the property being a freehold.
    Kind Regards
    zac
    The maintenance fee will be for the upkeep of public / communal areas within the development. It's a usual thing on newer developments.

You should find out the circumstances under which the fee will rise in the future, and by how much.
  • Saggi1975
    Options
    Did you buy with them in the end and if yes, are you pleased with it/them etc?
  • Pi_the_dog
    Options
    I am currently in the process of buying a home from Kier on their Castle Croft Development in Barnard Castle - I feel I may have made a pact with the devil! While looking at properties Kier’s sales rep told me the property I was interested in would include an upgraded specification kitchen with fully integrated white goods Inc. dishwasher, washing machine and fridge freezer. The sales rep showed me what she had selected and asked if I was happy with her choices, if not she could change them. I confirmed I was happy with her choices and she said she would order the kitchen. Approx. 8 weeks later while checking on the progress of the build I realised the kitchen they had installed in the house was not the kitchen I had agreed on with the sales rep. Different colour, different (lower) specification and no white goods - integrated or otherwise. I flagged the issue to Kier and they agreed they had indeed installed the wrong kitchen but claim that it’s only the doors which need changing. I spoke to the site manager and we looked at the kitchen together, he confirmed that the house should have had an upgraded kitchen with integrated white goods so I emailed Kier and asked them to answer 2 questions:-
    1. What are they going to do to fix the issue?
    2. When is it going to be fixed by?
    That was on the 26th Nov. Since then I have asked the same 2 questions repeatedly.
    I asked the Sales Rep Angela Toscani – she wouldn’t give me an answer.
    I asked Maria Knapper the Sales Progressor (many times) she wouldn’t give me an answer
    I asked Carolyn Walsh the Sales and Marketing Director – she wouldn’t even pay me the courtesy of acknowledging my email

I have not moved into the property yet so I cannot comment on build quality but be aware that what they offer you to entice you to buy may not actually be what you get - even if you have the paperwork to prove it!

BTW – they also offered to turf the back garden too but I’ll save that for the next instalment.
  • diggingdude
    Options
    If you haven't completed and what's in your contract hasn't been done don't complete
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • Grerniecrz
    Options
    I moved in to a Kier house that I purchased in the summer of 2018, 6 months on and they are still not taking any ownership for issues that they have left.
    The after sales is dreadful, such a lack of customer care.
    I love the house, it is a great design and works for me but after paying almost half a million pounds for it I expect much better customer care to put issues right.
    I wouldn't recommend that anyone buys from Kier after my experience of them.
  • Ac1987654
    Options
    I am in the process of buying with Kier and I have regretted every minute of it. They are terrible. We have had two failed completions of which they have informed us on the day of anticipated completion! We are now living in holiday accommodation due to working of their timeframes with our belongings in storage. The latest failed completion was as a result of a crack appearing in our concrete floor. ‘It’s just shrinkage’ we were told, turns out it’s not..it needs completely reinforcing with steel and is not ‘structurally sound’. Can we get a timeframe for this work..no. Can we get a straight answer on the severity..no. Do Kier just lie or avoid answering questions..yes. I have sought guidance from my solicitor as I am unsure of where we sit legally in pulling out after exchanging contracts, hopefully we can. If the basic foundations of the property are significant below par, what else will be. Please avoid buying with this company. It has been so stressful.
  • Davedavies
    Options
    If not too late, STEER WELL CLEAR. After 5 months of arguing, being lied to and given then run around, I am now threatening legal action to get a whole list of snags, poor workmanship and missing items rectified.

No communication (at all levels), will not reply to phone calls, emails or text messages. Absolute disgrace.

You would be better buying a Barratt home and putting the difference in cost into one of Martins recommended bank accounts and that way, at least you have some money put by to sort out your own issues.

Ac1987654 wrote: »
    I am in the process of buying with Kier and I have regretted every minute of it. They are terrible. We have had two failed completions of which they have informed us on the day of anticipated completion! We are now living in holiday accommodation due to working of their timeframes with our belongings in storage. The latest failed completion was as a result of a crack appearing in our concrete floor. ‘It’s just shrinkage’ we were told, turns out it’s not..it needs completely reinforcing with steel and is not ‘structurally sound’. Can we get a timeframe for this work..no. Can we get a straight answer on the severity..no. Do Kier just lie or avoid answering questions..yes. I have sought guidance from my solicitor as I am unsure of where we sit legally in pulling out after exchanging contracts, hopefully we can. If the basic foundations of the property are significant below par, what else will be. Please avoid buying with this company. It has been so stressful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure