PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 12th December 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Slava Ukraini

Comments

• bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 12 December 2018 at 5:57AM
    Options
    Morning all looks like the sleeping stick didn't work Taff so if you could hit me twice it would be appreciated been in bed reading for a few hours but wide awake so downstairs with a cuppa and the interweb . DD2 is coming home for a few days spoiling and to collect her and her bf xmas presents as they are both working over xmas . I need to clean the kitchen as my annual xmas pressie is due today the oven cleaning man at 8am :D then i shall lock myself in the lounge with the wrapping paper and pressies
    Dinner tonight southern fried chook rostis and beans nice n quick
    Hugs and extra strength going out to all who need it thinking especially of Holly Poppy and Taff
    Have a great day whatever you are up to xx
    Slava Ukraini
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Dark and gloomy out when I went to the bin but not too cold. Washing was done last night and is on the rack, another load to do when I get home tonight.

I went for a much needed haircut yesterday, shorter than usual but I can't get another appointment until Feb so it'll have time to grow! My hairdresser had her baby by C section 3 weeks ago and is back to work until Christmas! Added bonus when her DH came to pick her up and brought the baby in, he really is beautiful.

It's Christmas lunch for the seniors at school today, the infants really enjoyed it yesterday but boy was it noisy!

Hope everyone's well, take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning all and thanks BELLA. I was wide awake at silly o'clock too if it's any consolation! It gets jading!

Off on another jaunt on the bus to Skipton today. Just two of us today as the third friend who has started accompanying us is away on a coach trip this week. We are hopeful the market will be in full swing this time as, two weeks ago, it was a bit of a letdown. Anyway it matters not if it isn't as there's always the cs to scavenge around in. And, of course, a nice lunch and the customary bottle of wine to enjoy whilst we have a natter! That's the best bit!

Not sure yet if the DGDs are sleeping tonight as they usually are when DD is on early shift next day. The performers have a full on day tomorrow with school in the morning and matinee and evening shows to follow. Today they have a panto free day as it's the turn of the other team.

A few jobs to tackle before I get ready for my away-day. DW to empty from last night when I was too tired to be ar*ed doing it. Then I really must sort out both freezers and see just what's in there and what's needed. I start inventories off and never keep them up to date. This time I am determined I will!

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) as always for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely. Thinking of those undergoing/awaiting treatment - HOLLY, POPPY & TAFF especially. Take care all xxx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

bellabella - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Dark and cold start to the day here, but not raining at the moment.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash, veg and gravy - it was delicious and no LO's. Tonight we'll be having fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg.

Yesterday work wasn't as busy, we'll see what today brings. I'll be on days' off after today but I'm working Saturday morning. I have an ever growing "to do" list for my days' off this week. I really need to get on with it tomorrow as I've still got prezzies to buy, food to sort and buy, wrapping, card writing - I'm really behind this year, just can't seem to get going.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]christmas-music-zpse1961ec4.jpg[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ding dong merrily on high,
    In heaven the bells are ringing
    Ding dong! verily the sky
    Is riven with angel singing.
    Gloria, Hosanna in excelsis
    ! :xmassmile
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :santa2: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm off to town this morning. I'm going to visit three shops then get back on the bus as quickly as possible :D I'll need a couple of hours to recover so I'm going to watch Krampus again while eating lunch. I'll potter about for a while this afternoon, tidying up and folding washing. Then spend the rest of the day crocheting. [/FONT]

:rudolf:
    Bulletproof
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all, thank you for starting the thread bellabella.

I had another patchy night but I think mostly caused by the need to be up before 6 as OH and DS will be off out soon, for an appointment several hours drive away. I'm almost always up by 4 anyway but set the alarm to make sure. I didn't need it, have not needed an alarm for years! They are both up, have been fed bacon sandwiches and are getting ready to leave.

Empty house means that I can shampoo the hall carpet without people walking on it while wet. I'll make a casserole ready for tonight.

Enjoy your day TA, sounds fun!

Thinking of those of us who are unwell or worried, sad or simply fed up.

I'm trying to feel a bit festive but failing miserably so far. Though am doing my best to ensure that there is not too much of a national mince pie mountain left, am doing quite well at this.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Seems a little bit milder here today off to work for me and three large cakes to make for an order today so that will keep us busy for a while we are really in the run down to closing for Christmas now so struggling a bit for enough to keep ourselves busy.

Dinner tonight will be park chops mash and veg, we seem to have an awful lot of food (that's what happens when OH goes shopping !)

Will have a quick tidy round tonight and maybe write a few xmas cards, Im really only sending a few mainly to elderly relatives and neighbours and one dear friend, so that will cut down on costs and time.

Right better get on have god days all xx
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning, it's dry here, and no wind, A nice break from the never ending rain.

I'm going to nip into Newcastle today, pick up a parcel, and come straight home (if I can keep out of TK Maxx) I need to be home for a blood test at the doc's.at 2pm.

Yesterday was the usual Tuesday, we met up with friends at the quiz last night.

I still haven't done my ironing, but all the Christmas cards are done and posted if necessary so I have been quite good.

Enjoy your day TA

Hope everyone has as good a day as they can
    Take care folks
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

We are just enjoying eggs on toast as we missed out on a hot meal night due to watching my DN play football, he lost :( but the team he was playing are two leagues above them.
    I need to write my cards today and get them in the post, Lu needs some exercise and me likewise.
    Good to hear from you Mehefin
    Hope you enjoy your day TA
    Hugs to all poorlies, thinking of Holly, Poppy and Taff.
    There is a beautiful sunrise, turning the sky really pink, guess the shepherds house is on fire :D
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,058 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Another lovely wee ditty Tru - thanks.

I'm on the fly today - my students have a big assessment this morning which they are worried about so I need to soothe ragged nerves.

Happy Wednesday to all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport