No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2017

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks sstevo for the new thread. I am in again. I'm a bit late this month as I have been away on holidays for a week.

I have a couple of uu

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara 2ml - just a little mini but it lasted ages and I loved it, no flaking or smudging but much drama.

Le Soft Perfume Stick in Soleil Reine (not quite the right name but near enough), liked this but WNB as expensive at full price for how much you get. I bought 12 or maybe more in different scents for a couple of pounds each so lots more in the stash.

My PP list for August

Bee Good Hot Cloth Cleanser
    Imperial Leather Foaming Shower Gel Bergamot & Sea Minerals
    Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun with Aloe Vera
    Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter Body Butter
    L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Aphrodite Scarlet
    Philosophy Shortbread Cookie Shower Gel
    Clinique Superdefense Moisturiser 15ml x 2
    Liz Earle Superskin Roll On 15ml
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    Two INs arrived today, from an order I made last month:

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm 15ml
    Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream sample

I've wanted to try the cleansing balm for a while now, so I got the little travel size to try so I don't feel bad if I don't enjoy it. And you get to choose a free sample when you make an order and this was the only one that interested me

I'd be really interested in your opinion of these two products x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Another UU

3. Laura Geller Spackle. HG. Going to share Emma's for now. Will buy some in US I think.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Uus:

Moschino Toujours Glamour EDT WNBA, pleasant enough but does not long after first spray.

Superdrug brightening cloth cleanser

Sample of Dead Sea Magik shower gel Did not irritate skin, WMB.

Superdrug exfoliating foot scrub WNBA, did not feel that the grains were large enough to exfoliate properly.

Chapter 2000 hair cream Very overwhelming smell of menthol and leaves my scalp feeling tingly. Not sure I WBA

Lidl sensitive mouthwash WBA

100%Olive Oil

TAs to save luggage space:

Rubbing alcohol-Good defence for sores and to cool the skin down.
    Cotton wool pads
    Lidl nail remover - Good remover which is gentle and has a pump action mechanism to prevent waste. WBA
    DOP egg shampoo
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I'd be really interested in your opinion of these two products x

The eye cream wasn't anything startling, it was moisturising but it didn't really do anything else. Might be worth trying to get a sample from a Clinique counter if it interests you.

I'll let you know my thoughts when I start using the cleansing balm.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have an UU - Clarins Make Up Fix Spray and replaced with the same from the stash. I like this but i might try another one once this bottle is finished.
    ally.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    2 more UUs : The Body Shop Almond Shower Gel. One of my favorites so WBA at some point.

My Vitamins Catwalk Queen Food Supplement Tablets. This was from a beauty box so I count it. It is good and has biotin, zinc, vitamins and copper in it. I do take other supplements separately though so probably WNBA.
    ally.
  • VALM
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Another UU

3. Laura Geller Spackle. HG. Going to share Emma's for now. Will buy some in US I think.

Emma has the Champagne Spackle and this was gorgeous when I tried it last night. Quicker to set than the original and loved the glow.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    First items for August to report

UU
    30ml Lacura Face Treatment Oil 1/75 WNBA prefer finer oils, used up as a body oil.
    IN
    200ml Gatineau Defilift Firming Mask 1/39 This is a huge amount and you only use a tiny bit, but I used it this morning and like it very much, even though I think it will last me for ever:D

ValM - I really like the Clinique TTDO cleansing balm, for me it is a reliable workhorse, gets the make up off, flannels off well and leaves my skin soft, plump and no irritation. I prefer oils and balms for first cleanse, with a cream cleanser (or occasionally an enzyme one) for second cleanse, but some have perfume/essential oil which can irritate my skin, the Clinique is a HG interpersed with something more luxurious (Emma Hardie, Elemis Omega Rich Cleansing Oil.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Another IN - shampoo and conditioner to test, 2 bottles of each. Only on the first bottle just now and need to swap over at the start of the week to the second make. Smells nice :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport